Chapter Two

In the evening,
Adelle got downstairs dressed in a black spaghetti strap crop top and tight short skirt with sneakers. She slung her handbag over her shoulder and adjusted her skirt once she got to the living room.

Aiden was reading a magazine in the sofa when he saw Adelle descending the stairs. "Where to?" He asked turning his gaze to Adelle.

"Daddy, Skylar has invited me to her party."

"Where?"

"At her house?"

"Adelle, you know how I feel about these parties. And look at what you are wearing, it ain't good for a teenager your age." Aiden got up from his seat.

"Daddy, this is the trend, now. It's what every teenager my age is wearing." Adelle said, her voice raising up a bit.

"You're not going." Aiden said as a matter-of-fact.

"What?" Adelle expressed shock.

"You're not going to Skylar's party. Call her and tell her you couldn't make it. And change from that clothes. Your navel is showing." Aiden ordered before sitting down.

Adelle clenched her fist and smiled. "Okay, Daddy!" Adelle climbed up the stairs and closed her bedroom's door with a loud bang.

Aiden looked at the direction of Adelle and sighed. "Kids. When you're trying to correct them, they think you're oppressing their freedom."

Adelle sat on her bed thinking of a way to escape her father to the party. Then, her phone beeped. She took it from the bag and realized it was a message notification from Wyn. She tapped on it and it read,

Are you coming? The party's starting.

Adelle gave out a loud sigh before replying that she couldn't make it. Just then, her phone rang. It was Wyn calling. She picked it hastily.

"Wyn, I'm sorry. I know I promised but my Daddy, he won't make me come." Adelle explained over the phone.

"I'm on my way coming. Skylar's expecting you to be by her side on her party. I also need you here. I'm on my way to pick you up." Wyn said.

Before Adelle could speak, Wyn had ended the call already. She opened her mouth in shock. She knew she was in deep trouble if Wyn got to her house.

She composed herself and opened the door slowly to peek at the living room. Aiden was on the phone talking to someone really excitedly. She then closed the door gently and went to her  bed to take her phone. She tried calling Wyn but he didn't answer.

Just then, the doorbell rang making Adelle's heart to sink. She widened her eyes and started panting. Was Wyn here already? She ran her hand through her hair and gulped hard.

To make matters even worse, she heard her dad call her name. Adelle was now more than scared. She slowly opened the door and made her way downstairs with her head down.

"Adelle, do you know anything about this?" Aiden asked.

"Daddy...." Adelle raised her head up and saw a delivery man at the door. It was the delivery man who rang the doorbell. She thanked the heavens within her.

"Adelle, I asked a question?" Aiden pulled Adelle back to reality.

"Huh? Uh...no! I didn't order anything?" Adelle said confidently.

"Is this the Taylor's?" The delivery man asked.

"The Taylor's? No! They are the next house after ours!" Adelle directed.

"Thank you. Sorry for the disturbance." The delivery man apologized and left the doorstep.

Adelle closed the door and heaved a sigh of relief. Then, she looked at Aiden and smiled. "I'll be up in my room, Daddy."