Chapter Five

It was Monday. The most busiest day of the week. Alisha was ready to leave for work. She wore a cream turtleneck top with black pants  matching well with black stiletto and a long cream coat. She got to the living room and saw Ashlyn and Alyssa sitting in the sofa, with Ashlyn dressed for school, in her uniform and Alyssa dressed in a smart blouse paired with dark colored jeans and a long checked coat.

"You all ready?" Alisha asked excited to see the two.

"Yes!" Alyssa and Ashlyn responded.

Since they didn't have a car, they had to walk down the street to get a taxi. On their way, Alisha and her sister, Alyssa engaged in a conversation.

"Are you sure you want to get a job right away? I mean, you came only yesterday."

"Sis, I don't want to be a burden."

"And who says you're a burden?"

"Sis, understand! I just want to get a work doing so I find myself useful for me. Trust me, I'm not that Alyssa anymore."

Alisha smiled. "I trust you."

"Sweetheart?" Alisha called.

"Mama?" Ashlyn responded.

"I'm not sure I'll be able to pick you up from school today. I want you to promise me that you'll come home right after school." Alisha said, a hint of worry and concern in her voice.

"I promise!"

"Don't stress yourself about it. I'll go pick her up from school." Alyssa said.

"Are you sure?"

"C'mon! I believe I'd be done with the interview at that time so I'll just pass by and pick her up from school. Besides, the want to spend some time with my niece. You know it's been 7 years."

"Bye! See you later!" Ashlyn waved as she entered the prestigious building of EasternWood International.

Alisha and Alyssa waved at her in return. When she had entered, they continued their walk.

"Good morning." Alisha greeted as she made her way to her partitioned office.

"Good morning." All her colleagues except for one named Denise responded to her greetings.

Alisha sat down on her chair with a big smile on her face. She was happy because today was the day they were to show their designs to their boss, Angelino Flores. Being the team leader of Group A, Alisha was really excited because she was done with the designs for her group.

 Being the team leader of Group A, Alisha was really excited because she was done with the designs for her group

Just as Alisha put the designs on her desk, her group members came to her. They were Richard Wright, Giselle Ferguson, Louisiana Greenblatt, Arnav Kaur, Trinity Bush, Peterson Leemons and Omer Toprak.

"I believe you were able to finish with the designs?" Peterson asked seeing the smile on Alisha's face.

"Yes!" Alisha gestured towards the designs on the table and they all wowed.