Chapter 9

- Yu Zheng's POV

That night, the moon was full. Shining so bright, which drew its light onto the skin of this peculiar girl - touching her smooth, silky skin.

This human, she is sleeping peacefully on the bed we have been in for hours.

The sacrificial had been a success.

I am now given the gift I always wanted from the Moon God. The ability to smell another stealth and capture their souls, then plant them into mine. Now that I have it, I can get my desired powers.

Humans, will never got the chance to belittle my being again. Now that I have embraced this precious bestowing, I only need another one step before I get to conquer this world.

I swear I will kill every soul.

I will give all the powers in this world to my beings.

Humans. Kind or not, all would be killed.

That day will come.

. . .

- Andrea Cheng's POV

I wake up, stiffening. My body feels extremely painful, with the sore muscles and stuff.

If I knew that 'sacrificial' was supposed to be this way, I would not care to flinch, jump, hop and panic like I did last evening!

What ya' thinking? The sacrificial was basically just to plant some unharmful needles on my bodies. Traditional way.

By whom? This snake that is sleeping next to me, of course!

I could not contain my giggle considering how dirty minded I was. When he said 'lie down and show your body to me', I screamed the heck out!

Man, this obnoxious villain did not really as stiff as I thought. When he placed those small, pointy needles into my skin -- I was wiggling like a satanically absorbed human! He only sighed, trying to calm the shit out of me.

The process originally should take no more than... 5 minutes. But my pathetic ass made it hours.

Sorry, Yu Zheng.

After he collected those dripping blood falling off from my skin, he suddenly walked out. Where? I did not care. I was too tired from all the fretting I made on my own.

Needles placed into your skin, won't you freak out?

Well, I would! And I did.

Though the needles were not longer than my nail.

'I guess I made such wrong decision to skip the page where you performed the sacrificial to the Moon God with that Lady Xia. Haiz, why is everything I left out on purpose is always the stuff I needed to know...'

To think deeply, if he could just perform that sacrificial with other girls rather than with our miss main character Qing Yi, why did he not just do it with Lady Xia in the first place?

And moreover, why he chooses to kill those poor oldies?

Question after question swelled up in my brain. Okay, real talk --- I regretted not finishing that book. It's just, if the scene of this snake being too devilishly evil tormenting the male lead was not really been too rough - I could have been understanding the whole plot!

Sigh, Andrea...

I turned to the side. This man, majestically handsome --- sleeping beside me. I waved my palm in front of his face, performing a test to analyse if he is asleep or not. He did not give any reaction - a solid reason for me to keep staring then.

His eyes,they are so beautiful. Shaped like a snake's too. His lips, thin and dark-red. Perfect jaw, he could mog my crush Zach in a swift second and my boy would be cooked.

Why am I being too Gen Z coded now?

I should be more poetic.

His eyes, they resembles the dangerous glint of a snake. The brilliant pairs of dark brown irises gleaming whenever he lays them on me. Like mahogany. His perfectly shaped nose. His brows, clean and tidy. The brows that always look like they furrow every seconds. His skin, free from the word 'flaws'.

Yu Zheng is indeed a majestic demon as described in the novel.

If he is a manhua character, I swear he would be the one I am going to stick in my whole room walls. Would even print a human sized figure of him. And would even buy his body-pillow!

I have just met this man this evening - really. But since I already read things about him, it felt like I knew him more than I was supposed to understand about him now.

I did not realise how long I have been staring him, but as soon as I did, I slapped my own cheeks. Girl, ya' are literally laying down with this baka villain! Stop simping, ya' fool!

Well, I am isekaid here probably to enjoy the 'view'. And the view includes him!

As I eyed his veiny arm that holds my waist secured, I started to wonder. I only saw few from the novel's characters.

Yu Zheng, Qing Yi, Zhao, Old couple Gu, Lady Xia the sus cat...

Now, I wonder... How would the male lead looks like?

Dai Hua Xun.

The 'Lion Knight', his title. The one who decided to end Yu Zheng's life. Saved the miss main character. Now that the whole plot has been messed up, I wonder where will this mister male lead shows up?

Ignoring my thoughts, I spared another time to close my eyes and enjoy the warm cuddle from this mister villain.

Now that I am a newly wed with this man, I wonder...

Am I going to turn sides now?

. . .

Yu Zheng's POV

I woke up within the feeling of a warm touch on my chest. As I opened my eyelids, the first thing I ought to see was this girl.

Cheng Zhou. This lost merchant.

She was sleeping like a dead body. But somehow, her hands are placed on me - one against my chest, and one on my neck.

I have never been touched or touching a human this freely.

Her soft breaths filled my eardrums. She breathed slow and steady. Her warm hands against mine... the feeling was far different from all types of touches I have felt from Xia Wen Ran. From Tian Yi. From Chu Zi. From every female stealths those ever spent nights with me.

Probably because this girl is a human.

I buried her head onto my chest. My lips rested on her forehead. She really is different from other humans I saw before - physically. Her hair, I have never seen anyone with this kind of hair. Her eyes, representing the shades of the ocean.

Can a human be this beautiful?

A human will stay human, after all. Now that I am close to complete the task to inherit the Soul of Yao as the Demon God, the time will come where I have to kill her with my own hands.

I closed my eyes, and I could feel my heartbeat gushing rapidly. The stealths buried deep in my body are asking for blood. I need to hunt. But to leave this warm body...

No, she is a human. And she will always stay as my prey.

Maybe not now.

Rising up, I let Cheng Zhou's body off mine. I took some seconds to stare her, wondering if I should just ease down my bloodthirstiness on her. But I changed my mind.

With a swift move, I flew across the window -- fleeing away to soak the blood off from humans.