2: THE ARRIVAL

THE BLUE BULLET | P2: THE ARRIVAL

**

St LOUIS, MISSOURI

1996

Quinn Xia Jung was not one for patience and she sure as hell did not like delays. Hence why, she had declared the St Louis traffic her worst enemy, one she would never stop loathing. Her hatred had never been as intense as today though, her hands slamming harder against the horn than they ever had.

Today of all days she could not be late.

Not today.

Not when Nick Fury and Phil Coulson had called her wanting to discuss the paper she had just published in The New England Journal of Medicine regarding her theory about cross-species genetics being able to possibly regenerate lost limbs of soldiers with more experimentation and testing. SHIELD was not the only industry that had called her for a meeting, a few government agencies had but James Rhodes had been the one to tell her to take to the meeting with SHIELD. Other than Stark Industries, SHIELD had the best resources to make her research no longer just a theory but something she could put the time into making it a true reality.

James had also warned her not to bother even answering her phone if Tony called because working with him was a pain in the ass.

How they were best friends she truly had no idea but she appreciated the blunt facts warning her, and at the end of the day, while she and Tony were kind of friends, she really didn't want Obadiah Stane anywhere near her work. There was something about him that just from seeing his interview following the death of Howard Stark five years ago itched at her veins, made her skin crawl and had her blood wanting to curdle.

While she didn't want to judge based on that one moment, she had heard enough from Rhodey to strengthen her resolve that as long as Stane worked with Stark Industries, they were never getting their hands on her research.

Glancing down at her watch, Quinn let out a frustrated scream as she glared back at the seemingly endless number of cars that drifted into the soft early morning mist of the polluted sky. Just as she moved to honk the horn one last time-

-The sky started to fall around them.

A loud booming explosion shook the streets, rippling through the surrounding buildings causing bystanders to scream as the ground split under their feet, every glass window in Roberts Tower shattering in an instant sending glass flying to the people below.

One second just a normal busy morning...the next nothing but pure and utter chaos.

"Oh shit. "

The Tower was falling, a figure in Navy and Silver seemingly crashing right through it, another figure in black slamming it into the building, sending a strong burst of impossible strength to the centre of the building. The foundation of the tower, struggled under the hits as the two figures seemed to wrestle in the air, fists being exchanged at such speed it was nothing but a blur.

And while Quinn was a curious person hence her chosen profession in so many medical research projects, she sure as hell did not want to stick around for whatever the hell was about to send the building crashing into the road.

AKA: On top of the highway she was currently stuck on.