7: WHAT'S UP DANGER

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR | P7: WHAT'S UP DANGER

**

Mira Rohan had always wanted a simple life.

Despite the fact she had grown up with unique powers, she had always wanted to be like the rest of the humans around her. She wanted to go to competitions with her decathlon team and reach the championship with her baseball team. She wanted to go shopping and go on dates like a regular teenage girl. She would rather use her smarts to help the world than use her powers, yet her father hadn't given her an option.

For just over two months, she had been granted her very first taste at actually having control over her own life, yet the World Council had snatched it away from her. With someone else controlling her joining the Avengers, how was she truly supposed to believe she was a hero? How was she supposed to know when everything she did in association was not out of choice but rather fear of what would happen if she said no to these accords?

It had taken her so long just to admit that she enjoyed working on the streets with Spiderman outside of her father's influence...and now once again that enjoyment was being ripped away as someone else took Marcus's place in her life.

Another creator moving her strings like the puppet she was.

The puppet she had always been.

"Nibblet...what makes up the fire tetrahedron?"

Despite the fact the two of them were now hovering in the control room, Natasha had remained loyal to her promise to help Mira prep for her upcoming tests next week. Hence why, even when they moved rooms, she still kept flipping through flash card after flash card.

"Oxygen, heat and fuel." Mira answered without hesitation as she finally drew her eyes away from the footage of Mr Barnes being questioned in a cell somewhere within the building.

Natasha grinned back at her "There is my little genius."

Mira snorted smiling brightly as Natasha pushed some baby hairs out of her face only for her expression to fall as she spotted Tony storming out of the room he had been using to talk to Steve. It was crystal clear from the look on his face that it hadn't gone well.

"Uncle Tony—"

He planted a soft kiss on the top of her head silencing her "It's okay M. Don't worry about it."

Mira was worried though.

Letting her eyes drift to the room where Steve was watching the screen showing Barnes's interrogation along with Sam and the blonde woman she could only assume was Sharon Carter, her concern just started to grow. Even if she couldn't hear them, the expressions on their faces spoke a thousand words.

Something was going on, whatever was being said in that room just a glass window away from her had her worried.

Everything went to hell in a second.

The lights around them flickered before what seemed like an EMP rushed through the air shutting down Mira's laptop and every other piece of technology in the room, including all of the security cameras currently keeping track of Bucky.

As darkness consumed the room around her, Mira quickly glanced at Natasha who pulled her close "What the hell just happened?"

"EMP. M, can you light up the room?"

Not even a second later, a soft pink glow illuminated from the teenager's hands granting the adults at least some form of light within the darkness.

The instant he could see at least a little Everett Ross shot Mira a grateful look as she continued to light her hands like glow sticks while he pulled the radio from his pocket, an object old enough that he hadn't been affected by the electrical explosion that went through the room without any of them realizing.