3: THE LEGACY

THE BLUE BULLET | P3 - THE LEGACY

THE BLUE BULLET |  P3 - THE LEGACY

**

Earth had dubbed Marcus Rohan, The Blue Bullet.

The first superhero the world had seen since Captain America given that SHIELD had buried the existence of Carol Danvers and her abilities deep down along with many of their other secrets.

SHIELD had become an integral part of Marcus's life since the second they had shown up on the scene in St Louis. Originally, they had tried to capture him only to realize very quickly that their weapons were nothing but toys against him. He could have wiped out every agent before they could even blink.

To their surprise, he hadn't.

Instead, Marcus had helped fix all the damage he had caused before approaching Nick Fury himself. He hadn't wanted to speak to the Director of SHIELD, but rather the newly appointed Deputy Director who he had heard about from a few Skrulls on his way to the Earth.

Marcus had claimed to be here to help defend the Earth given that in their current state, they stood no chance against the creatures that lay within the stars who might come for the Tesseract.

Fury didn't buy it, but he kept his jaw clamped shut and welcomed the man. At the end of the day, despite not trusting Marcus, there were few options. There had never been someone as powerful as the Renterian man who had almost destroyed St Louis, Earth was at a severe disadvantage and pissing off Marcus might cost them everything if the powered man summoned more of his people to their planet.

Marcus committed to the title the public bestowed on him, going on the missions too dangerous for any human agent, keeping an eye on their skies making sure nothing that may be a threat was coming through into their atmosphere.

He protected this world, saved people again and again, and risked his own life for it too.

The world had welcomed him with open arms despite the incident in St Louis.

Quinn Xia Jung had a very different reaction to him when he showed up at her new office in the SHIELD medical wing, her eyes glued to the lizards she was using for her testing. Instead of staring at him in admiration or asking him about space or even his planet, the first thing she had done after thanking him for taking her to the hospital that day, was shove a research paper into his arms about increasing the human body's ability to create new skin cells then asking for a vial of his blood.

It had been the moment he knew.

So without hesitation, he gave her some blood and then asked her on a date.

She said no.

Said she was too busy trying to help progress human nature to ensure fewer people died in second-world countries.

The very next day, he came back to her office, placed lunch on her table reminding her that she did need to eat if she planned to save the world then ate with her, letting her talk at him as she worked on her project.

Day after day for an entire year he had just sat with her, letting her go on about science and medicine as they ate together.

And before she knew it one day, two years into having met, it wasn't food he had placed in front of during one of their lunches, but rather an engagement ring James had spent months helping him pick up given that the airforce pilot had taken pity on the alien, adopting the socially awkward man as his new friend.

Tony had been livid when James had been declared best man for the wedding though he had ended up passed out drunk in some hotel room in Vegas so hadn't even shown up.