6: LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR | P6: LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS

**

Bucky Barnes.

AKA: The Winter Solider had caused an explosion at the UN killing people and leaving more families mourning. Mira's heart ached with every broadcast that was played on the TV in front of her, sobbing siblings, children and partners staring right back at her. It had her flashing back to all of the newscasts that had come out in the days following the St Louis Incident.

With every mourning face she was faced with the more she was tempted to sign the accords.

Sammy was still arguing with though.

"Do you really want the government to be in control of your life M?"

Turning her attention to her phone which was propped up against her desk, Sammy's face reflected back at her via Facetime, Mira couldn't help but sigh, all of the blood that had spilled today spinning through her mind on a loop "Sammy, it's not that simple."

It really wasn't. The whole situation with the accords was beyond complicated. Mira was still a little unsure of which side her coin would land on, it was still flipping through the air, drifting between both sides as the pros and cons weighed on her mind.

Sammy just groaned as he propped his elbow against his pillow, eyes drilling into the camera "Mira, I don't want to bring race into this, I really don't, but you are Chinese. Mixed race or not you look like a woman of colour. The only thing that looked white about you was your hair and you dyed it!"

He wasn't wrong, growing up most people would be shocked when they realised her father was white given how much she took after her mother. Sammy was the same, the majority of their school classmates hadn't even realised his father was white until the man went to prison because he looked so much like Charlotte.

"You're not one of the white men in suits around the government. What if something else happens? As the Asian kid, whose father already betrayed the world? They could pin whatever happens on you."

Mira groaned as she leaned back in her desk chair, a million different thoughts running through her mind "It doesn't matter who I am or what I look like thanks to what my father did. If I don't say yes, what stops these men in suits from announcing my identity? From telling the world all about me and Mom when they declare us fugitives? Sam, how many people in St Louis lost someone because of my Dad? Who want some form of revenge?"

Sammy froze.

He still lived in St Louis, so her words hit him hard as the realisation started to settle in. Almost every day he heard at least five people talking about the monster that was The Blue Bullet. He heard the whispers of people trying to figure out if he had family here on Earth. Plans to wipe out his loved ones as a form of retribution. As much as Sammy loved and admired Steve Rogers he couldn't ignore the threats he had listening to since The Arch collapsed. His fellow students wanted nothing more than for The Blue Bullet to suffer.