26-Overthinking

"But we have school..tomorrow," you hesitated.

"I can drop you at home in the morning, then drive you to school. If we're late then who cares?" Kuroo shrugged.

"...Yeah. That sounds fine," you forced a smile. As of right know you were in an overthinking state, and your focus was jumbled in the boys words last night and puzzled over the reason he's acting like it didn't happen.

He grinned at you, relief displayed clearly on his body as he hugged your shoulders, kissing the top of your head.

"You wanna take a shower with me?" He asked, leaning his chin against the centre of your scalp.

In that moment, his words sounded like muffles in the background, for the reason that you were still deeply buried in thought.

"(Y/n)?"

"Huh?" The calling of your name transported you back to reality even making you a bit stunned, therefore you tossed your head up to the boy to exhibit he now had you attention.

But in the process you flung your head into his chin.

"Damn," Kuroo choked, backing up as he held onto his chin.
"Oh! Sorry!" You immediately stepped forward, reaching your hand out to his face.

"It's fine," he chuckled, releasing his hand from his jaw. He then began to rub the top of your head before asking,
"did that hurt?" to you.

It probably did, But your mind was so boggled you didn't focus on the pain in that moment.
"No. thanks, did you say something before?"

"Take a shower with me?" He repeated for the second time.

"Oh...sure."

-

You sat down in Kuroo's kitchen, in Kuroo's clothes waiting for the breakfast Kuroo insisted to make for you.

He had started a conversation with you, but you had spaced out beforehand making you deafened to his voice.

"(Y/n)?" Kuroo called, turning his back from the far counter, and approaching you with a clear bowl with batter and a whisk sitting inside it.

It seemed as if when your name was uttered to snap out of your deep thought.

"Are you good?" He asked, now whisking the creamy mixture before your eyes.
"You feel nauseous or anything," he lifted his palm to your forehead.

"Did you drink yesterday?" You asked, ignoring his sentiment.

"Just wine.."

"A lot?"

"No..why?"
"I..um..you said...yest.....it-its nothing."
Your trust issue had you hesitating severely. What kind of reaction would you give back to him if he said he didn't remember, or didn't mean it. You didn't want an awkward friendship with him.
And you most definitely didn't want an unrequited love with him for the second time.
The first had previously taken a whole lot to fight through.

That was the first time you felt real heart ache.

"Alright," Kuroo responded.

"So. what are you making?"

"Waffles and bacon. Or would you rather chicken?"

"Bacon is fine."

"Apple juice or orange?"

"Apple fosho."

"Good. You didn't disappoint," he smirked genuinely,
He turned back to the far counter, dumping part of the batter into the waffle machine.