Chapter 2

HAHA I'M NOT DEAD!
Anyway chapter 2-

♕___________________________♕

Bean hummed happily as he walked down the forest trail. His tail flicked from side to side in content. He stopped every now and then to pick flowers or mushrooms or anything else he found pretty.

He looked ahead at the path he was walking on. Most would walk right past and not see the path as such it was hard to tell it was a path at all, but Bean knew it was. The trees parted slightly, and small flowers bloomed along the edge.

Bean trilled happily. The dappled sunlight on the path created interesting shapes. And currently his tail gave away his happiness at the shape of a heart created by the gap in the leaves.

After a while of scavenging and gathering, Bean looked up and studied the sun. It was getting late. With a small hum he turned and walked the other way, leaving the side trail and walking purposefully along.

He soon arrived at the building he called home. An old castle ruin with no signs of having been inhabited in perhaps a decade or so. Today marked his fourth year since discovering the ruins, he remembered that day vividly. He quietly began humming a melody, he didn't remember how he learned the melody though, it was just there. Just a hazy piece of knowledge with nothing attached to it.

His wings fluttered slightly, giving him a small boost forward, but not much of one, his wings weren’t fully functional, but he had no idea what happened to them either. The membrane on one had been replaced with cloth of a similar weight and did help him catch the wind, but it wasn’t a real wing, and it didn’t do all the things wings could do.

He soon arrived at a tower that looked like it would blow away in the dust. But Bean knew better. He had gone in and out, up and down the tower and its long flight of stairs. They looked withered but they were thick and while the outer layer looked unstable the center of the stones were very well fortified. He tucked in his wings so as to not hit them against the walls of the narrow stairwell.

Walking up the stairwell was a quiet peaceful journey that only took a minute or two. Soon he made it to the top of the tower where it expanded from being able to rub elbows with the wall to being wide enough for Bean to extend his wings and have them each barely graze the wall.

He rushed to a platform in the middle of the room. Just beyond it was a fierce statue with horns, feathery wings, and a spear. Or at least that's what bean assumed had been there before it had crumbled. He had managed to rebuild some of it but some pieces were lost to time. All that was left was an awkward looking statue with horns, small nubs and stray feathers where the wings would have been, and what looked like a wooden stick.

Bean had named the statue Felix.

Bean walked to the platform setting down his collection of forest beauties and got to work. His fingers were nimble and sure, and even when he did make a mistake, they easily went back and fixed it so it was like there never was a mistake. Occasionally humming, purring, or trilling with a pleased look in his eyes..

Soon he stood up and padded up to the statue, placing a delicate flower crown on its head. Three other flower crowns were already there. Humming with content Bean walked away leaving the tower and heading towards a collapsed looking building.

Bean yawned, it had been a long day of scavenging, but it would soon be night, he climbed into a smaller tower, more stable looking than the last, there was a piece of the roof that had fallen, but otherwise the inside was untouched.

Bean entered the room, it was fancy, with plush velvet covers on the bed and intricate gold designs all around, most of the stuff was faded now, but it still looked nice, he didn’t take the bed though instead he pulled the blankets, pillows, and other fluffy fabrics and put them in the spot under the moon, making a nest of sorts and lying down in it, gazing up at the stars, content with his day, curling up and drifting asleep.

♕___________________________♕

Second chapter DONE! I may go on hiatus NOT NOW but soon. Most of these chapters are already written but I may forget to post consistently.

I'll go on hiatus after I've posted all the chapters written so far, which is maybe 5 or 6 (Not including the prologue.)

But hopefully I'll have motivation to NOT do that.

Also if there is any confusion, leave a comment. Any advice, leave a comment. You like it? VOTE FOR ME PLEASE! ALL I WANT IS VALIDATION!(ignore the hysterics.)

THANK YOU FOR READING!

-The King is out-