Chapter Four: In Exile

Moon sighed, she had been forced to leave her pack behind, at least; for a while. Whilst this wasn't the beat punishment, it wasn't the worst. The thing that bugged the she-wolf the most however, was not knowing if her Training Paw was still alive. The wound Cardinal had received seemed pretty serious to Moon.

. . .

Birds squawked from the ridged branches above Moons head, she hadn't ever been outside her own territory. Luckily, the only known pack: Fog Pack, was on the complete opposite end of Red Hills Packs territory. This was a plus, she supposed. This wasn't that much of a difference. Rouges were able to survive out here, so why couldn't she? She decided it wasn't a good time to ponder on things, she needed to stay on the lookout, wolves may be one of the few apex predators, but that didn't mean they couldn't be preyed upon. Wolf pups had been carried away by eagles and other animals anyhow, it wasn't that big a deal for rouges, as they were normally loners, showing no respect for borders.

. . .

Should I really have done that?
Moon pondered, thoughts whirling around in her head like an angry hornets nest. Not the most pleasant feeling. I was just defending my Training Paw...Wasn't I? Shaking her head vigorously, the she-wolf attempted to block out these thoughts, quite conflicted. Her surroundings were unfamiliar, and danger could lurk around every bush, rock, and tree. There was no telling what her future held.

Lifting her muzzle, Moon spotted a single star, tracking its progress across the darkening sky, to where it dove past the horizon, out of sight. Does it mean something? No, it was just a star, right? Moon sighed, tail drooping. This felt a lot harder than she thought it would.

. . .