Chapter Seven: Moons Return...With A Friend?

Months pass, each boring. Nothing interesting...

. . .

"Cardinal?" Willow stuck her head into the Training Paw den, Cardinal had returned to her duties nearly a half month ago, and had caught up quickly. "Oh! Hi Willow! Are we out with the Border Walkers today?" Cardinal inquired, tilting her head to one side as she met Willows gaze. "Yes, yes we are! Are you going to get up, or lay on your paws all day?" Willow teased, squealing as Cardinal pinned her playfully. "Yeah right! You'd wish!" Excited yips interrupted their play, and the two She-Wolves bursted out, intent on seeing the excitement. "Moon!" Cardinal rushed forward, burying her muzzle in her Guiding Paws fur. "Cardinal! I've missed you! How is your training?" Moon asked, offering a slight smile as Mule padded up to her flank.

"This is the Training Paw you told me about on the way back?" He inquired, giving Cardinal a careful sniff. "Yep. Isn't she beautiful? She's a fast learner too! I told you you'd like her!" Cardinals tail wagged gleefully at her Guiding Paws praise, and she puffed out her chest, head held high. Willow whispered something, and Cardinal swatted her with a forepaw, sharing a moment of inside laughter. "Welcome back Moon, and welcome to our pack." Cardinal stepped back, adverting her gaze in a sign of respect, as the Alpha and Luna made their entrance. From behind, Harpy watched through narrowed eyes, the scar that Cardinal had given him visible through his fur. Moon locked eyes with the large male nervously, her ears pressed firmly against her skull. With a huff, Harpy turned his back, hackles raised. "Whats his problem?" Mule muttered, catching onto his mates discomfort. "He attacked my Training Paw." Moon responded stiffly, padding over to Cardinal, whilst forcing a smile on her face. "Hey Cardinal! Why don't I take you out for some training. Mule? You wanna come too?" Mule looked shocked, before padding over. Excitement gleamed in his eyes, and he couldn't help but let his tail thrash. "Of course!" He responded, pressing his muzzle against Moons cheek. Cardinal watched the exchange, flinching at the two's closeness. She wished she had a bond with a wolf like Moon did! Shaking off her jealousy, Cardinal padded behind the pair.

. . .