Epilogue

"I can't believe this is happening!"

"Believe it babes! You're getting married." I know! For a bit of time, I did not think that was going to happen. "He is going to be so surprised when you walk down that aisle."

"He'll probably shit his pants."

"Vicky!"

"What? It's true."

"How you two have kept this a secret is beyond me." Shaking my head I smile as I can see a blurred outline of myself.

"Well, if we didn't lock you two into a room together this might not have happened." I give my best friend a knowing look. 

"I am forever grateful to you two for doing that Lil."

It took six months before I realized I was being a complete idiot. There was a lot of yelling and heartache. For a moment we didn't think it was going to work out. Nate storming out and slamming the door shut, I thought was the final straw. 

"Can't you see that I do not care, Cass!" It's not that damn simple. "I would gladly give up every fucking thing for you!" But that is not fair to you.

"I love you, Nate. I truly do, but I can't let you tie yourself down to me like that! I hated it when you would drop everything for me back in high school, and even when you were in college. What the hell kind of life is that?!" You did everything for me, and now I can do this for you. I am not going to be a burden to you!

"The one I fucking want!" 

"You'll resent me!"

"I'm starting to right now." That felt like a slap to the face, and I had to turn away from him, even if I couldn't see him. "Fuck! Cass, I didn't mean it."

"You did, or you wouldn't have said it. Just go, Nate. Please!"

"I can't explain how much you mean to me." I never thought I would say that about Victoria, but it is true. They took turns looking out for me when I didn't want to do it for myself. "I still can't believe you two threaten your men."

They both laugh and my smile gets brighter.

"What can we say. It's the power of the vagina. It works miracles."

"What is going on?" Though I could not see them I heard the commotion from my living room. A door gets slammed which makes me jolt. "Who's there?" I know who it is, I would know his scent from anywhere.

"You assholes, let me out!" He doesn't even want to be near me. Not that I can blame him. "I can't do this!" HIs voice stutters and it breaks my heart.

"You two will fucking work this out. I want to have sex with my wife again!"

"What Hunter said, but not with his wife but with my fucking girlfriend!" Idiots!

"Not my problem!" Nate shouts.

"You two stubborn asses love each other. Nothing else fucking matters."

"Apparently love is not enough." Ouch that hurts even worse, but I deserve that as well.

"Nate."

"I can't, Cass. I can't even fucking look at you. It hurts too damn much, and I am so fucking angry at you." I'm angry at me too.

"I'm scared, Nate."

"You think, I'm not."

"I wish I could see you."

"Damn it, Cass!" My hand is instantly on his face. When I feel his wet cheeks, my hand burns, like I placed it on the hot burner. I did this to him, because I am afraid. "You're supposed to marry me and be my wife." I know. I truly fucked up this time. "The sad thing is that I still fucking love you so damn much."