The Raccoon Riddled It

Y/n Pov:

Sunrise, sunshine!
I slowly got up as Michiru and I have now swapped places in her room, meaning I now sleep on the floor. By choice, of course... although much to her dismay. But, she's certainly humble.

So, I lightly rose up as I felt some of my fur and kinda scratched/rubbed it in order to fluff it back up, since it kinda flattened out while I was asleep. While I fixed myself, I also noticed that my tail was kinda weird looking- like in general. I'm not used to any of this. So it's still taking some time to get used to, but the tail just feels awkward. But hey, at least I'm a raccoon, because we look pretty normal.

Hey- if any type of beastman can turn into a human, why don't I? It shouldn't be that difficult, I've even witnissed children do it.
Actually, that's the last thing I should even care about... I have a job now! Yesterday night I sent in a form to Yuji, since I have now accepted the job as junior-detective!
I'll find out how to turn back into my human form, eventually.

--

I calmly put on my shoes, and a new sweater that Melissa bought for me. Honestly, I appreciate it.

As I carefully turned the doorknob I also turned to look at Michiru, who was still sound asleep, she seemed to be... at peace. She seemed calm, and relaxed. She didn't snore at all, rather she would let out these light breaths as her body slowly rose up and down from her breathing. Her face almost seeming to be- angelic.

I shook my head and laughed at myself for being such a weirdo, why am I watching her sleep? Eh- It doesn't matter. I- um. Nevermind.

Timeskip after a light morning routine

--

I made my way downstairs as I greeted Melissa and Jem, they've now accepted me as their guest, like Michiru.

Melissa came up to me with a package and said,
Melissa: "Hey, Y/n. Good to see you're awake! Detective Yuji came by and left this package, he says it's from the police department. It contains your uniform, and a gift from Mayor Rose. Or, at least that's what he says. He's not sure as to what it is. Oh- and here's the police issued radio!"

She handed me all of the stuff, seemingly like a proud mother who's son just graduated from high school.

Y/n: "Oh, nice. Thanks for giving me them! I appreciate it! I'll go store this in... the bathroom cabinet. Can you make sure that nobody touches it?"

Melissa: "Oh, yes, of course."

Jem simply nodded and gave you a thumbs up before saying,
Jem: "Nice job, Y/n! Keep it up."

Third Person Pov:

You nodded and made your way towards the bathroom, you saw some scissors and quickly opened up the package.

It was a pretty large box, but not too big. Inside was a police scanner, most likely in case they need back up from a nearby officer, or in this case, you. You tapped it a bit before setting it down and picking up your uniform. It's the exact same as your security guard uniform. Except it's not torn, and it's now labeled as Junior-detective, also it's new. It kinda smells... professional, if that's even a way to describe it. Nothing's changed about it, although the color is very slightly darker.

Now instead you looked at the uniform, and the tie, before setting it down and picking up the brand new police issued radio, or walkie-takie for the simple folks. It's definitely newer, since it's got like everything a phone can do, except it's clearly meant to try and get clearer connections, thus the small antenna. But it's main hotline is for the police. So you'd be able to listen in whenever they needed you. It was in a shiny new box, almost premium-like. So of course you instantly unraveled it, there was also a note to put in some key code to connect you to their database, which of course you did.