Chapter 25: Mistake

“Mountain Cloud Notes,” originally a practice that defied the natural order, allowed cultivators to gather auras even in places with minimal spiritual energy. In the Lingshan Sect, Shen Feixiao’s environment lacked abundant qi, so he remained oblivious to any issues. However, upon entering the spiritually rich secret realm, the true potency of Mountain Cloud Notes emerged.

In less than half a month, Shen Feixiao had ascended from the Qi Refining stage to foundation-building. Yet, the rapid breakthrough concealed an underlying instability.

And this hidden peril surfaced just as Shen Feixiao stood on the brink of advancement.

Unbridled spiritual energy assailed his mind, plunging it into chaos. Bloodshot eyes snapped open, and Shen Feixiao detected an unfamiliar fragrance—a lifeline pulling him back from the precipice. 🌿🌫️

Beautiful Misunderstanding

The air carried an unfamiliar fragrance—a scent that tugged at Shen Feixiao’s senses. He pushed himself up from the ground, stumbling as he followed the elusive wisps.

The sound of water reached his ears. Shen Feixiao stood on the shore, gaze fixed on the figure bathing in the river.

The man’s physique defied easy categorization—neither robust nor frail. His firm build lent him a statuesque presence. His skin, not pallid but rather akin to warm jade, emitted a subtle luminescence. Taller than Shen Feixiao, he stood beneath the cascade of clear water. Droplets traced the curve of his spine, pooling at the base of a pair of enticing buttocks.

Shen Feixiao marveled at the clarity of his vision. From a distance, he watched Qin Kaiyi, bewitched. The man, immersed in the limpid river, stirred something within Shen Feixiao. His gaze lingered, and he swallowed—how fragrant. 🌿🌊

Beautiful Misunderstanding

Shen Feixiao’s mental equilibrium had barely settled when the man in the river turned around. A golden mask clung to his face, its intricate lotus pattern exuding an exotic allure. The man’s pretty, flirtatious appearance sent Shen Feixiao’s reason spiraling into chaos.

The events that followed remained a blur. His chaotic memories hinted at actions he shouldn’t have taken.

When Shen Feixiao finally roused, he found himself lying on a soft mat. The masked man had procured these items—though that wasn’t the most pressing matter at hand.

“Are you awake?” Qin Kaiyi’s voice, low and irritable, reached Shen Feixiao.

“…” Shen Feixiao’s body stiffened further, but he withheld any response.

“Don’t pretend,” Qin Kaiyi persisted. “I know you’re awake. Now get up.” 🌿🌙

“En.” Shen Feixiao’s subdued response accompanied his silent ascent from the mat. His gaze lifted to the masked figure across from him, but it was immediately drawn to the wound on the man’s neck.

“What are you looking at?” Qin Kaiyi’s irritation surfaced. “Stare again, and I’ll gouge your eyes out.”

“Oh.” Shen Feixiao lowered his head once more.

“…” Frustration gnawed at Qin Kaiyi. He wrestled with his emotions before finally speaking. “Give me your hand.”

Shen Feixiao’s expression remained puzzled; he clearly didn’t grasp Qin Kaiyi’s intent.

“Give me your hand!” Qin Kaiyi’s patience waned further. He longed to seize Shen Feixiao’s neck and shake some sense into this dense-headed man. 🌿🔮

Beautiful Misunderstanding

“Oh.” Shen Feixiao obediently extended his hand toward Qin Kaiyi, lapsing into silence once more.