CHAPTER 21

After winter had finished taking her bath, she got ready with the halp of Jessica,as usual, when Dove decided to pay her a visit

Dove: Good morning, my lady

Winter: Good morning. What are you doing here so early in the morning?

Dove: Remember last night, you asked if we could do it tomorrow, so I came to get you so that we can go, you know, take you round the village.

Winter: u mean like a tour

Dove: Yeah, it can also be a great opportunity to show the villagers theirs next kings wife.

Winter: Yeah, that sounds great. Just give me 7 minutes and our meet u outside

Dove: ok.

He goes outside to wait for her, and then, seven minutes later, winter comes to join Jim

Winter: ok, Dove, I'm ready.

Dove: you really look breathtaking.

Winter blushes

Winter: thank you, and you know what, sometimes I wished you were my husband,  instead of your rude brother falcon. He never has time for me, and it has become worst lately since when he found out that una was going to have a baby.

Dove: I understand what you are saying, but it makes me curious to wonder, but I don't mean to be rude or pocknose in your affairs, but have you guys consummated your marriage.

Winter keeps quiet for a long time as she doesn't know whether or not to tell him the truth.

Winter: uhhhh, I um, no, no we haven't. I'm, I'm still a virgin.

Dove: what! Why?

Winter: what do you expect me to do, conditions of our marriage where not good, he doesn't have time for me, and, I just don't know what to do.

Dove: it's OK. But have u ever thought of talking it out with him, I'm sure he won't say no

Winter: Dove I don't know

Dove: come on, just give it a try

Winter: can we please leave this discussion, I'm really looking forward to going on this tour, so please don't spoil my mood.

Dove: as you wish my lady.

They ride a chariot across the village, seeing many fascinating things. She had one of thier best coconuts, bought some hand made scarfs knitted with pure silk she greeted some of the villagers and helped some beggers with food and blankets for the cold, when they came across a tree just by the river bank of the village.

It had several colours of Bandana tied on the branches, colours of green, red, black, and purple. She was about to touch it when Dove quickly removed her hand.

Winter: what's the problem

Dove: winter you can't touch this tree.

Winter: Why can't I, its not like I'm hurting the tree. just want to take one of the bandana.

Dove: No you can't, winter this is the bandana tree, and all this scarfs are spirits

Winter: what!

Dove: many years ago, this tree was found here and it seemed to be the source of everything we have. They are five bandanas, but the last one, which is the yellow bandana is yet to be found.

Winter: Wow, this story sounds epic .

Dove: it is, and if you don't get away from it now, then you will anger the spirits

Winter: we better get going, don't want to anger them.

They leave and head back home by evening.

When she enters the room, she sees Falcon waiting for her.

Falcon: again? You went out with Dove again, didn't you?

Winter: yes.