Chapter 13

Arianna could see that Kassidy had been brought down by Margaret that it bothered her badly. She wanted to show Margaret that no one breaks her best friend. Her new friends Jessie, Cammie, Kayla, and Nettie were all grateful that Margaret didn't hurt Kassidy because they knew how much that past happened with them. Arianna had a gut feeling that Kassidy didn't have any real friends and Margaret made that difficult through the years. Grabbing her tray, the food that Kassidy did eat, and throwing everything out. She returned to her seat just in time for the bell to ring, then grabbed Kassidy's hand to lead her to Mrs. Beatrice's class with hopes Margaret wasn't in the last few classes at the end of the day.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

The day went on with no more events from Margaret and it seemed that she was on the other side of the building most of the day. Arianna and Kassidy passed notes throughout the classes and she finally got her answer on why Kassidy didn't want to cross the path past best friends and it really turned her mood sour. Arianna couldn't avoid Kassidy since they share most classes and a dorm together because Arianna thought for sure that everything would change since they are so close.

"Ready for this school day to be over." Kassidy said in a solemn voice.

"Oh, I am sure, so you can go hang out with your ex-girlfriend and her friends." Arianna replied bitterly.

"Woah, Arianna. I am not hanging out with Margaret or her groupies. I am staying with you and your friends." Kassidy responded with a slight smile.

"No! Not happening." Arianna replied with anger.

"Oh, okay. I guess I will go read a book or something. Sorry to intrude." Kassidy responded sadly.

Arianna watched as the only close friend she had walked away from her because of the bitterness that she couldn't get over the fact that Kassidy had turned her down so badly. She wanted her mom at this point and wished she had the advice to save them from being away from one another. She liked Kassidy so much. It hurt her that she was friend zoned so soon as they shared a few kisses before school returned and then being shattered. Arianna made her way back to the dorm with tears down her face that she couldn't look at anyone.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Reaching her dorm room, Arianna closed the door, shut off her phone, and fell asleep. She didn't want to see, hear or acknowledge the fact that her best friend is ashamed of their bond. This is when she missed Angela the most. Once in a deep sleep and her thoughts shut off Arianna fell into a dream that made her want to go back to Detroit to be with Angela that would at least love her and appreciate her. It became clear when she finally kissed Angela in the dream it seemed so real. Arianna didn't dare wake up with the feel of actual lips on her that were so real and she put her arms around Angela when she felt the same in return. Arianna had no choice but to wake up and that is without warning seeing Kassidy on top of her with a sad smile.

"I am sorry for breaking your heart." Kassidy said in a whisper.

"Why can't we be together? You avoid that so easily." Arianna asked breathlessly.

"Margaret will torture me more and I don't want to lose you all together once my dad finds out." Kassidy replied with her own tears and Arianna wiped them away.

"Margaret can't hurt you anymore, I won't allow it and as for your dad, he isn't here and he has walked out of your life because he misses your mom, it is noticeable also I don't think he could love my mom because of missing yours. My mom is just someone he has a fling with, I am assuming." Arianna responded by having Kassidy lay next to her and they cuddled on the bed.

"I miss her too but he didn't have to abandon me to you and your mom. As for him and your mom, that is awkward, no lie. I like us but not them. And you can't protect me forever, our lives will move on from each other." Kassidy replied with a distant look.

Arianna moves slightly, covering Kassidy in kisses to make her not believe they won't be together in the future, her heart is filled with Kassidy. She couldn't help how she felt for Kassidy. That is all she wanted in this moment to be with her and her only.

"Kassidy, please be my girlfriend? I can't see myself without you. You mean so much to me and I want you more than anyone in this school. I know, we have only been around each other a short time but I am better than Margaret and I am over Angela." Arianna pleaded between kisses wanting Kassidy to know how she feels so much more.

"Arianna, stop kissing me so I can answer." Kassidy said with giggles that made her enjoy Arianna so much more. "If it makes you happy then yes, I will be yours and I won't be ashamed to hold your hand or anything in front of everyone."

Arianna got more excited finally after Kassidy realized that they belonged together. It took all she could not to spread word around that they were an item but she needed to tell her friends at least during lunch tomorrow. Taking a deep breath, Arianna knew telling her mom wouldn't be an issue but Pastor Jamal would be displeased with the fact that the two are more than friends and keeping that hid is a lot harder when it will come to holidays. It took all Arianna could not to go back on her word with Kassidy because she has been wanting this since she moved in next door. She really liked having Kassidy in her life and wouldn't change it.

"Arianna, are you afraid of going back home when we are released?" Kassidy asked curiously.

"Not going to lie to you on this, yes, because of your dad and his unpredictability of separating us." Arianna replied, holding Kassidy tight in her arms.

"Dad gave me to you and your mom. I have doubts he would come back to ruin what I have settled since he has left me for his church." Kassidy responded holding Arianna tight too.

Arianna lifted Kassidy's chin then planted a soft kiss to her lips that made them both moan a little then they burst into a fit of giggles and then sighed happily snuggling with one another.