Fake Dating

(I wrote this at 3-6 in the morning. Enjoy <3)

"Hey, fake date with me.'

That single sentence alone should have been a giant red flag since the beginning. However, this was coming from his best friend, though both ends would hate to admit it. If anyone else had asked him to fake date he would decline immediately. But this wasn't just anybody, this was Lance. His rival, partner, teammate, best friend, and well crush.

"And why would I do such a thing? What does this even accomplish in the end?"

He shouldn't have asked, cause now Lance knows he's invested and that he's willing to do it if it was necessary. And to Lance this was necessary.

"I want to make Allura jealous."

That should have made Keith backtrack and say no. That he was not some toy he could use to try and make another person jealous. But, Keith becomes an idiot when it comes to Lance.

"Make Allura jealous? Are you serious Lance? I'm sorry but why would you ever want to do that?"

Keith should have backed down now, like right now. But...

"Listen, I've never liked a girl this much before and I've tried many different ways to try and get her to notice me but it never works Keith. And now some Altean-Galra guy walks in and she wants to be with him? It hurts, and I know it might be selfish but I wish she could feel just how hurt I am. I'm not going to let her or Lotor see how affected I am. So please, Keith, be in a fake relationship with me."

Keith looked at Lance and felt his heart begin to beat faster. Keith should have said no. But, seeing how desperate Lance was, how could he? He wanted to help Lance in every way even if it meant helping him in a fake relationship. Keith sighed.

"Only one condition." "Of course, anything." "No kissing on the lips. I want my first kiss to be with someone I love and they love me back. Got it?" Lance nodded, "Of course! That is totally reasonable! Thank you Keith."

Keith hoped he wouldn't end up regretting this later on.

.

.

.

.

.

Day One

Day one the two spent talking with each other over how fast they wanted their fake relationship to grow. They decided for a few days their bickering will come to a minimum. After 1-2 weeks they will start acting more friendly with one another, more touchy, and spending more quality time together. Week 3-4 they will start hand holding, lingering touches, longing looks, and wander out together like a couple. After week 5 they will come out as a couple and fake date for about a month or so, unless something happens. When the two month dating mark hits they will tell everyone that they tried to date but couldn't handle the stress and anxiety that came with it. It was a simple short term plan.

"Is that the only rule you want, no kissing on the lips?" Keith nodded. "Anything else is fine, but no lips. Do you have any rules Lance?" Lance shook his head, "I'm a pretty open guy. Do you want a safe word?" Keith looked at him, "What do you mean a safe word?" Keith tilted his head to the side. Lance chuckled, "I mean do you want a safe word for when we are in public and you don't feel uncomfortable with the affection I give you." Keith felt his heartbeat speed up. Lance cared about him. Lance wanted to make sure Keith would always feel comfortable. "I-I think that would be a good idea." "I agree. I know how much you hate public attention so I want to make sure you're always comfortable. My safe word is blue ice cream." Keith chuckled, "That suits you. I think I'll match yours. I'll do red ice cream." Lance smiled, "Is there anything else we should talk about?" Keith shook his head, "I don't think so."