-the blood ritual-

☆☆☆☆☆☆

After a while, Lloyd was the first one to wake up, his eyesight was still a little blurry but he quickly understood that he and Cole to his right were both chained up.
They were thrown to a type of pit, digged deeply in the earth, in the dark, and also barricated with double sized bars.
Lloyd shifted a bit while he looked around, nothing but dirt and earth, not even a sign of plants.
It all looked so...dead.
He crawled a tiny bit towards his friend who was still unconscious.

<<please wake up Cole, it's no time to be asleep>>, his tone of voice was worried and a bit low, as Lloyd was paranoid someone was eavesdropping on them.
To no response from Cole, Lloyd decided to push him a bit but he ended up using too much strength and the both of them ended flat with their faces on the dirt.

Cole immediately woke up from the turbulence and gasped as he realized his face was pressed on literal dirt.
He quickly moved up and tried to sit, at least how much he was able to sit with his hands and torso being chained up.
He coughed trying to get rid of the dirt on his face and his hair, the smell wasn't pleasant.

<<You're awake>>, Lloyd said sitting up too while his blonde hair were a bit stained with dirt on the side.

<<yeah...>>, Cole said, not excited at all to be in this position.
<<where are we?>>, he looked around trying to figure it out.

<<actually I don't know...it looks like a cell>>

<<uh...I don't like this>>

<<..I figured out that much>>, Lloyd tilted his head as Cole stated the obvious.
<<what I want to know is who took us>>

<<the person who attacked us on the camping area, it's them>>, Cole said, 100% convinced.

<<but who were they...I didn't see their face when we got attacked, so we still don't know who is it and why they took us here>>

<<we don't know, yet...>>, Cole corrected him and then tried to move, rubbing against the dirt to reach the bars.
<<we can see through here>>, He then peeked behind the bars and looked at his surroundings.

<<what do you see?>>, Lloyd asked with curiosity.

<<...we're still in the woods, but...oh>>, Cole stopped mid-sentence looking a bit shocked.

<<Cole?, what's happening?>>, Lloyd decided to rush to the bars so he could see for himself.
He almost face planted again but was able to reach the bars anyway.
Him and Cole looked intently at what was happening in the distance.

A whole tribe lived in the woods, people were walking, talking, eating...doing all sorts of things.
They could also see a lot of wooden huts, fences and some put up gardens.

<<I had no idea someone still lived in these woods>>, Lloyd whispered as his eyes were glued looking at the outside.

<<yeah...>>, Cole agreed.
<<but...why would a misterious..tribe kidnapp us?, what do they need us for?>>

Lloyd just shrugged his shoulders still unsure on what to think.
<<the important thing is that we're still alive and not hurt>>

<<then we should try and break out of these..-- Cole moved a bit, feeling uncomfortable-- chains>>

Lloyd nodded and when he was about to try to use his elemental power to break free, a sudden loud noise made itself heard.
It sounded like drums, a loud sound of multiple drums playing at once.
Cole and Lloyd looked behind the bars again trying to figure out what was happening.
It looked like they were preparing for something.