The Mysterious Death of Tupac Shakur

On Sept. 7, 1996, at the MGM Grand Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, well-known rapper was seen attending a boxing match. After the match, Tupac left with the CEO of Death Row Records, Suge Knight. Upon the departure of the match, Tupac and his bodyguards got into a fight with Compton-based Southside Crips gang member Orlando Anderson in the lobby of the MGM. After the fight was broken up, Tupac and Knight left in Knight's car with Tupac's entourage following in cars behind them.

While stopped at the intersection of Flamingo and Koval, a white Cadillac pulled up to the passenger side of Knight's car and shot out of the window, hitting Tupac four times and grazing Knight in the head with a bullet fragment. In 2014, retired LVPD sergeant Chris Carroll revealed that he was the first police officer at the scene. According to Carroll, when he opened the car door, Tupac fell out of the car, covered in blood and Carroll asked "Who shot you?" Tupac took a deep breath and only proclaimed explicative words at the police officer before slipping into unconsciousness.

Tupac was then taken to UMC and placed on support and into a medically induced coma. On Sept. 13, 1996, six days after the shooting, Tupac died as a result of his injuries at the age of 25. Las Vegas Police never arrested anyone in connection with the murder. They also failed to follow up with Yaki Kadafi, a member of Tupac's entourage who claimed he could identify the assailant. Unfortunately, Kadafi was murdered only two months after the infamous shooting before he could be interviewed. To this day, no one has been claimed a suspect and no arrests have been made.