Jack the Ripper

bruh, i know so much abt this guy

In 1888 in foggy dark streets of the East End of London better known as the Whitechapel District, lived a serial killer that would go down in history as Jack the Ripper. Even though the Whitechapel District was known for its violence and crime, the string of murders conducted by Jack the Ripper would terrorize the public like no one had seen before. He was described as a madman with no clear motive. Even though his most famous murders only included five women (known as "The Canonical Five") many theories suggest that he claimed the lives of up to 11 women.

All of the victims of the Canonical Five were prostitutes, as it was common for women who lived in the Whitechapel District to take on as a means to survive. All five killings took place within a mile of each other from August 7 to September 10, 1888. Several other murders occurring around that time period have also been investigated as the work of "Leather Apron" (another nickname given to the murderer).

A number of letters were allegedly sent by the killer to the London Metropolitan Police Service (often known as Scotland Yard), taunting officers about his gruesome activities and speculating on murders to come. The name "Jack the Ripper" originates from a letter (which is famously known now as the "From Hell" letter) that was published at the time of the attacks.

Despite countless investigations claiming definitive evidence of the brutal killer's identity, their true name, and motive are still unknown.