Chapter 6

Pitch

I may have only known him for less than 10 minutes, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. He was tall, and I was intrigued with his eyes.  I couldn't stop looking at him. From the way he was looking at me, I could tell he felt the same way.

"I feel like I've seen you before." he questioned, not breaking eye contact, "Do you come to Central Park often?"

"Not a lot, maybe a few times a month with Skylynn, but that's about it."

He just looked into my eyes at that moment. This may sound ridiculous as well, but he seemed familiar; a little too familiar. I felt like I've seen him before. 

He just looked into my eyes at that moment. This may sound ridiculous as well, but he seemed familiar; a little too familiar. I felt like I've seen him before. The pure hazel color of his iris seemed lonely, just like mine. It didn't matter at that moment where, when, or why I've seen him before. It only mattered that I finally found someone to talk to who could possibly relate to me.

"Sorry to ask you this, but have I seen you before?" spilled out of my mouth before my brain could process whether or not that would be a good idea.

"I-I don't think...oh shit." His eyes suddenly were full of fear. He started looking down at his feet and his fingers started to run through his hair nervously.

"What's wrong, Matthew?"

"Were you the girl in the alley?" Oh shit...