Chapter 5

Present

Shubman has many regrets in his life. For a millionaire cricketer under thirty years of age, getting fame and girls (and boys) and money, left and right, Shubman really has a lot of regrets. Logically, he should not. He had himself chosen each option since his childhood till now he has been given on the silver platter till date. Most of the times he had said "Why not both?"

Smart watch or remote control car?

Chocolate or jelly beans?

Khakis or Jeans?

Adidas or Air Jordans?

Rum or Vodka?

Kissing girls under a tree or kissing a boy in the locker room?

But he was very clear when only wanted one.

Kishore Kumar or Mohammed Rafi?

Peanuts or Cashew?

Pizza with ketchup or Pizza with pineapple

Cricket or Studies?

Cricket or family business?

Cricket or Ishan...........

Shubman does regret, cause in the end it was not a question anymore.

He was seventeen, then, when he was sent back to his school hostel in Uttarakhand promptly after their vacation in Bihar. He obviously had thrown a tantrum, not eating, hampering hours in cricket practices and then locking himself in his hostel room, showing every moment his revolt for separating him with his lover back in Bihar.

So, his father had given him a slow talk and presented some option.

"I'm ready to give up my future business plans, for you, so that I can see you playing cricket for the national team. Spending in crores for your practices. So, think wisely, son. You either choose your prestigious future in cricket or choose to go back to Bihar and be with that cleaning boy."

"But baba you promised you will bring him here. YOU PROMISED?"

"We can't keep every promise, can we? How can I bring an untaught boy to a school like this? Ever thought of my reputation?"

"But baba??"

"Stop Shubman! You choose either one."

"Why not both, baba?"

Then his baba had lovingly held his cheeks and wiped his tears, "You are only seventeen, son. You can't just give up your future. Just think. You get involved with that poor boy and everyone gets to know about it. Then what about your future in cricket. You know it's full of politics. You can't invest your time in something so insignificant."

"But baba I love him."

"And you love cricket as well. It's your passion, your first love. And unlike that boy, cricket can give you everything you'll ever need. Respect, fame, money, fans, you just name it."

"Ishan? What about him? Can I get him."

The loving smile from his father's lips dissipated. He had turned around, clasped his hands behind and walked back to stand in front of the big glass window overlooking the vast stretch of green field of the prestigious school.

"The thing is my boy, you can get anyone, once you have fame and money." He paused for a significant moment; the silence too deafening. "But even then, if you want Ishan, then I give you five years. Within five years, you make it to the national team, earn your name, and I will give you your Ishan back. I will keep track of him, myself and bring him to you. But you do your job. Only five years, Shubman Gill. Is this a deal fair enough."

Shubman regretted this the most, saying yes to his father. Because the five years never ended for Shubman. Yes, he did make into the national team, made a spot for himself at number 3, became the youngest to score a 200+, became the captain of his IPL team, gathered millions of followers on Instagram, have been the BCCI player of the year so many times. He has almost won it all in his cricket career and so many more to come.

That lanky seventeen years old boy has grown up into a stout boy, muscled up, tall, a killer jawline with cute dimples, a very bachelor in demand among the girls, and boys as well. People die for him left and right. And Shubman had understood this when he was climbing that ladder of fame so rapidly, so much so, he never looked back. The hunger for fame didn't leave him with any time to reflect about the days, from where it had all started.

Shubman had forgotten, or chose to ignore rather, about that chirpy, jumpy, Bihari boy, who had stolen his heart for girls he would bed on steamy sexy nights.

Now looking back, Shubman had regretted it all.

It was only a few months ago, that Shubman had settled down, and how ironic, he did so by his father's words only.

His father's assistant had dropped some pictures kept in an envelope on his bed, which had led him to here.

To a dingy nightclub cum brothel in a countryside in search of a person who had given him all in just less than two weeks.

And Shubman now regretted it all.

For a moment he did not have believed, he had 'booked' Ishan for almost five lakhs rupees for a single night when he could have it all. Ishan getting down on his knees and doing things to other people he could have done to him.

Shubman regretted it all.

Cause when God had given him the chance to keep his lover as a God himself and worship the ground he would walk on, now Ishan is nothing but only a prostitute giving his body up to men, letting them so whatever they want, in front of his own eyes.

Worst was when those deep brown eyes clashed with his own, after a decade, and Shubman could do nothing.

~TBC