𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 Closure

chapter fourteennarrative

chapter fourteen
narrative

tw: sexual content ( consensual )

you can skip this chap if you aren't comfortable with smut it isn't mandatory to read <3

NARRATIVE⎯⎯⎯

"I'm sorry for calling you an annoying bitch

"I'm sorry for calling you an annoying bitch."

Gracie looks up at me, her brow puckered with confusion. We're sitting on her guest bed, facing each other, and stewing in awkward silence. Neither of us knew what to say.

I drove Tyler's car to an abandoned lot in Havana, then got on a bus to get back in town and walked to Gracie's house. She only lives a fifteen-minute walk from home, thankfully.

I'm still not sure how I'm going to handle Tyler's disappearance, but I figured getting rid of his car immediately would be the safest option. And leaving it in Havana leaves a wide range of possibilities on what happened to him.

I met Gracie at her front door, quiet and reserved but no worse for wear. I don't think she knows how to act.

Attempting to escape from Tyler isn't something you just... walk away from. Maybe limp or crawl, but certainly not walk. And you sure as hell aren't going to do it as if you're a model walking down the runway.

"When did you call me an annoying bitch?"

"In my head." I pause. "Several times."

Her lush mouth curves into a smile, and she shakes her head with amusement. "It's okay, it's valid to feel that way in an abusive relationship. I've never told you this, but I've been in one." My eyes widen. "His name was Chuck- I won't get into details, but he was very similar to Tyler. I will say that I got really defensive of him too, even after I got away."