Everything Is Blank Until You Draw Me

The strong, warm breeze made Dahlia's hair flutter around her bare elbows. It was dark, and much later than she usually stayed out. Especially since she wasn't even in her suit.

Dalia let the branches of the trees surrounding her and the darkness of the night work together to hide her presence. Hopeful the dirt caked onto her tattered, light blue; night clothes helped.

In her left hand was one of her katana's, its blade covered in blood. Her right hand held onto her bleeding arm, hoping any blood drops would not notify the people below of her location.

She let her eyes slip close for a moment, but still listened out for her surroundings. How exactly had she gotten into this situation? She prided herself on her leadership, her fighting, and most importantly her brilliance.

Yet here she was, hiding in a tree after stupidly following that him, just because she was bored. Only because she was bored, and for no other reason.

It had been quiet all week. For any other family as dysfunctional as hers, that would probably be normal. But there were so many people in Dahlia's family (officially and unofficially), each with their own vastly different schedules. So even though she would go days without seeing anyone, it was never quiet.

Pennyworth was on one of his too few vacations, and he wouldn't have been back for 2 more weeks.

Her father was off world on Justice League business. Something about keeping peace with a powerful group of alien rebels. He didn't want to tell Dahlia, and she didn't want to hear it, especially after the fight they had just days before he left.

Richard was too busy chasing after Koriand'r, doing anything he can to please her after forgetting to pick up Mar'i from Dahlia's care. Timothy spent a lot of his time away from the Manor, only coming back when Pennyworth forced him too, or to speak with her father about Wayne Enterprises. Todd was even worse, having not spent more than a minute inside even the Batcave, for months now. Apparently, he's holding another grudge and didn't want to be around her father for too long.

Cassandra had been in Asia since May following a lead all over the continent, making five different trips back home in that time. In her last visit she mentioned all the clues was leading her to Mongolia. She thinks she'll be able to come back permanently by the end of the month, if nothing goes wrong.

Duke, who Dahlia had been seeing the most of, had officially moved in with his girlfriend and was splitting a lot of his time between being a student, a waiter, and a vigilante.

Stephanie and Barbara were always capricious when it came to how much time they physically spent at the Manor. It usually changed from month to month. Brown wanted to focus on school some months and felt too overwhelmed to think about studying other months or was just doing whatever she wanted. Gordon would stay away because the family was too much for her but run over the moment her apartment was too silent for her constantly working mind or she needed to get away from her father's consistently prying eyes. Right now, they were both happy to get some time to themselves.

Dalia couldn't even say she saw them on patrol much anymore. Everyone was so caught up in their own lives, they'd make their rounds and go home.

As for her friends, Colin had moved out of Gotham after a couple known for taking in foster kids took him to Philadelphia. She hadn't heard from Nika or Rose in a while, and she wouldn't be caught dead talking to Kathy.

Jonathan had disappeared 3 years ago, and came back 4 months later, 6 years older. The two had tried to keep their friendship alive, but he was too different from the 10-year-old boy she knew.