12. Secrets

June 12th 1987

Today my grandma was throwing another one of them parties to celebrate life. She always said she did it because many of the people she knew back in the day weren't as blessed as her to live a long healthy life as she and her husband were. She was 67 and she's always talking about how happy she is that she has made it so far. There are a few people she knew in Hollywood that died some in car accidents, some overdosed, some murdered, etc. I could never imagine losing so many friends in a permanent way. My grandpas brother David died in the late 60s after being shot, I never met him though he died a few months before I was even born but I can tell it still hurts my grandpa and my grandma from the stories Ive heard they were very close and loved each other dearly kinda like me and Isaac.

Anyway my grandma went all out she invited almost everyone she knew. A few people that I knew, Rick James was coming, Jimmy jam and Terry Lewis, Jermone Benton, Morris Day, and the members of New Edition including Bobby Brown along with their siblings and parents. See the only reason Rick was coming was because Prince was still on tour and he had a show today so everything would be fine. A few people Isaac knew were coming as well including members from N.W.A. and some other people he cool with that my grandparents know.

My music video for Pleasure Principle was set to premiere today on MTV I can bet you my grandmas gonna make everyone watch the whole thing.

For this party her theme were the 50s in memory of her friends that weren't able to make it. She picked out my whole outfit with clothes she owned back then she did my hair and makeup and I look like I stepped out of movie starring Jane Russel.

"These parties are very special to me you know...all of the people I knew back then...when I reminisce it reminds me of how lucky I am to still be standing...moments like these especially I get to do my granddaughters hair and make her look just like I did..." you could tell she was feeling down. My grandma knew a lot of actresses and a lot of them didn't make it out of Hollywood alive thats why my grandma made it her responsibility to guide me and my siblings in this world.

She swiped the red lipstick on my lips smiling with these soft eyes "you look gorgeous Diamond...why if you were alive then you would've been the most beautiful woman in the world"

"I wouldn't have a chance against Marilyn Monroe or Diana Dors"

She stopped for a moment she knew both of them . Diana Dors actually passed in 84 the news broke her they were younger than her and she felt it was unfair that they couldn't be here. "They were very beautiful women yes may their soul rest in peace."

She touched up my hair once she was done she looked at me and smiled pleased with her work "well...go and look at yourself"

I got up and looked in the big mirror on her wall I looked completely different but it was beautiful. "Oh my god" she stood behind me and put her arms on my shoulders hugging me "do you like it?"

"Are you kidding me? I look amazing."

She giggled "You do...Jonathon! Come look!"

He walked in fiddling with his tie he stopped and stared at me "isn't she beautiful?"

"She is hm ...you know if she was alive back then she would've been a huge deal."

She smirked at me "I told you. Oh here let me help you"

"All these years later and I still can't get these things figured out." He laughed nervously. My grandparents had such a loving relationship with each other it was almost disgusting a married couple that never argued with each other they didn't even bicker like most old couples do they were just happy to still be with each other.