17. Say what?

July 9th 1988

The fact that life ends is what makes it so precious but we take it for granted. People were dying everyday, no matter where you are they was dying back to back. You saw it everyday. It could be someone you went to school with seeing them in 2nd period then hearing they got popped the next day. These cats got their life taken from them for the dumbest reasons sometimes. Dying from the hand of a bullet was the most common way to go out.  All it takes is one bullet one to end your entire existence which is crazy when you think about it.

It's not fair. Some kids don't deserve to die. No one deserves to die. But we all have to, it just shouldn't be so soon. Myeisha was only 17. She had a whole life ahead of her. She never got to get married, have kids, go to college, graduate. She never had a chance.

This kid Romell did at the age of 10 because of gun violence. He didn't even get to experience life yet. He never had a chance.

The ones that did have a chance never got to see their kids grow. A single mom Kianna died after being shot in a fight, she was my neighbor. She had 2 kids and she was 26. Some of you might say "well she should've never been fighting." That's not the point no one expects to get a bullet in them in a fight it is wrong and unfair.

I don't know I overthink too much.

Anyway Under the Influence was released on the 7th. So far people love it. Prince was on tour it started yesterday. I was sad he was leaving but I was excited about him touring again.

Today was the most tiring day ever. I officially went house shopping with my mom. She had something to say about every damn house we saw. This one house was absolutely beautiful and you know what she said "uh uh this island is too small what you gone do with this?" Girl why are you complaining about a kitchen island? I wanted to pop her in her mouth so bad. She made me regret even going with her I should've went with my dad or grandma.

I dragged myself in my room closing the door and sitting on the bed sighing. I leaned over and turned the radio on. "Yo yo this is DJ Eazy bringing y'all the hottest track right this is Mercedes boy by Pebbles y'all enjoy."

Ive met Pebbles a few times. I don't know her for real, all I know is she can blow and she's with L.A Reid who's a record producer.

I decided to get up to take a shower. I sat in the bathroom waiting for the water to warm. I heard the phone ring and groaned. "Hello."

"Whats wrong with you?"

"Cmon Dre you Interrupting meeee." I whined

"What was you doing playing with yourself?"

"No nasty I was gonna take a shower."

"Aww shit my bad. Look I just wanted to know if you would do something for me."

"Like what?"

"Hang."

"You got Michel'le for that."

"She not fucking with me right now."

"The fuck did you do to my bae?"

"Nothing fuck. She just mad at me."

"You had another baby on her."

Dre was ruthless for getting hoes pregnant it was like he was allergic to rubbers. I don't know how many he has now. But I know its more than 5 for sure.

"I didn't get nobody pregnant Lauren. Damn. Do you wanna chill or not?"

I sighed "I guess."

"Cool I'll be at the studio."