One

'Relationships are eternal. Separation is another chapter in it. Often, letting go of the old form of relationship becomes a lesson in pure love much deeper than any would have learned had the couple stayed together.'

-Marianne Williamson

"Raasya, wake up! Its eleven and you're still lazying around. Get up!" Vandana yelled from the kitchen as she prepared breakfast for her husband. After several calls, when Raasya didn't wake up, Vandana strode up to her room and flung the door open. Her daughter laid on the bed with the quilt covering up her face. "God! What do I do with this girl?" Vandana pulled away the quilt and drew the curtains apart. "Mamma!" Raasya yelled as the sunrays travelled through the windows and hit right upon Raasya's eyes, "Why aren't you letting me sleep?"

"Look at the clock once. Its eleven. Is it the time to sleep? You dad is ready to leave for work."

"That's because he has got work and I've got vacations." Raasya replied and slipped back into her quilt. Before Vandana could say anything, she heard her husband's voice, "Princess! Wake up. I am leaving for work. I won't see you before evening." Raasya immediately got up and ran towards the bathroom, "I'll be at the breakfast table in ten minutes." Vandana shook her head at her and went down. She took her seat next to her husband and served him the breakfast. "I am telling you Abhinav, you've spoiled her completely."

Abhinav let out a smile and said, "Come on Vandana! She is our only child. If we won't spoil her, then who will? Where is she anyway?"

"I am here!" Down came Raasya all freshened up and enthusiastic. Raasya Kapoor was the only child of Abhinav and Vandana Kapoor. She was born after Vandana suffered a miscarriage and eventually became her parents' darling. Although her mother was still strict with her, her father left no scope of spoiling her. At 5'8 with a flushed brown skin that she inherited from her father, an hour glass figure, almond shaped brown eyes, slightly brown lips and hair falling to her waist, she was a girl any guy would easily fall for. She had completed her MBA from a prestigious institution in Delhi and was now enjoying her leisure time.

"Good Morning!" she hugged Abhinav and sat on a chair facing Vandana. She looked at her mother who ate her breakfast in silence with an annoyed expression. "What's wrong with thullo maharani?" Raasya whispered to Abhinav.

"I don't intervene in such matters. You go ahead." Abhinav replied. Gathering her courage, Raasya asked, "Mamma..."

"I am fed up of all of this. What's wrong with you? Who sleeps till such wee hours? I know its vacation time but, but that doesn't mean you'll go completely out of routine." Vandana said in one go. Raasya listened to her with her eyes wide while Abhinav settled comfortably in his chair. "And you Mr. Abhinav Kapoor!" Abhinav sat attentively, "You are responsible for all this. You never scold her. Kids are so scared of their father and look at the case here."

Abhinav turned to Raasya, "Shona, why didn't you wake up early?"

"Because I slept late." Raasya replied innocently.

"That's relevant." Abhinav told Vandana. She let out a sigh and said, "You two can never change." Raasya walked to her mother and put her arms around her neck, "Mamma, I love you. These are the only days when I can enjoy. After that I have to join Papa at work. Right?"

"Absolutely right." Abhinav said.

"So Mamma, chill!" She kissed Vandana's cheek.

"I'll leave now. See you in the evening." Abhinav picked up his bag from the sofa and left. "Can our thullo maharani give us a smile now?" Vandana tried suppressing her smile, but at her daughter's constant teasing, she finally let out one. "Acha listen, I am going out with Dia and Suhaan for lunch." Raasya said.