Two

Dia, Raasya and Suhaan were at the Lota Café post Dia's shopping for convocation. Raasya had informed them about Adhyant's arrival on the following day. "So, he is coming tomorrow?" Dia asked taking a sip of her coffee. Raasya nodded.

"And you're going to receive him at the airport?" Suhaan asked. Raasya nodded her head again.

"Why are you going to receive him?"

"Because his entire family came over to invite us." Raasya replied.

"Entire family came over to invite you? Seriously? An invitation to the airport?" Suhaan made a disgusted face. Raasya shot him a look. Suhaan never liked Adhyant. Although, Suhaan and Adhyant were equally good looking, Suhaan still thought that girls liked Adhyant more because he wasn't just good looking but he had good grades too. He feared that he might even lose his best friends because of him. The day Adhyant left for London, deep within, he felt extremely relieved that he now had all the time to spend with his friends. But now, the news of his arrival didn't sound very pleasing to his ears. Raasya clicked her fingers in front of his face bringing him back to the world, "Where are you lost?"

"Nowhere. I was just thinking about something." he replied.

"Shona, what about your saree for the convocation?" Dia asked.

"I haven't got it yet. I still have one day." Raasya replied.

"But you'll be busy with Adhyant."

"We'll receive him in the morning. I have the entire day to myself then. Suhaan, you're coming to our convocation, right?"

"I am sorry but I have to go to Gurugram with Dad to meet Daadi. She isn't keeping well. It's a long weekend plan." Raasya and Dia frowned at his reply. "But I'll be back by Monday. We'll celebrate then."

"Promise?"

"I swear upon our friendship." They sat for while and then left. On their way back, while Dia and Suhaan kept talking, Raasya was lost in a reverie of her own looking out of the car. "Shona, where are you lost?" Dia asked.

"Huh? Nothing. Dia, I was just thinking about Adhyant. What would he be like now? It's been five years since he left."

"I remember him wearing those nerdy glasses and he was always into books. He hardly talked to anyone. He had no friends at school." Suhaan said.

"He only talked to Raasya." Dia said.

"That was because Papa and Tarun uncle have been good friends and they often visited our place. But even then we hardly talked. In fact, his sister Rayna is a big chatterbox. She used to keep talking and he would always be silent. I don't know why didn't he ever talk to anyone?"

"Maybe he was conscious that no one would like his nerdy looks." Suhaan added.

"But Suhaan, if girls liked any guy other than you, then it was Adhyant."

"I know Dia. But he was extremely shy."

"But I am sure that he must have changed after going to London. I mean his looks, his social circle, right Shona?"

"I don't know. I haven't been in contact with him."

"He isn't on social media?" Raasya shook her head. They reached Raasya's place and as she stepped out of the car, Dia said, "Do update us about Mr. Khurana. I'm excited." Raasya smiled and then they drove away. Raasya directly went to her bed without changing, eager to meet stranger that her family was highly excited to meet after five long years.

***********************************************************************************************Vote and Comment!