Four

As soon as Raasya got home, she called Dia to share her excitement. "He has changed so much." Dia said.

"I know and in a good way. I mean did you look at him!"

"I did. Deadly looks. Seems like someone is attracted."

"I can't really say that. He is handsome, yes but I guess its just superficial for now."

"Okay. Whatever you say. Did you get a saree for tomorrow?"

"Crap! I completely forgot about it. Dia, I'll talk to you later. Bye." Raasya hurried downstairs and found her parents sitting in the living room, "Mamma, I don't have any saree for tomorrow!" Vandana looked at Abhinav with an expression of I told you so. "What are you both eye talking about?"

"You mother was just saying that the entire day has passed and you did not remember about your saree and you'll panic at the very last moment." Abhinav told her

"And I was right." Vandana said.

"So, how will you help me now Mamma, because I really need your help."

"Don't worry. I've already asked Deepa to bring some of her sarees. You can choose from them." Raasya immediately hugged Vandana, "You really are the best. Have I told you that before?"

"A million times, yes."

"Because I love you. I'll freshen up and join you guys for dinner then."

"Don't be late Raasya, we've got guests coming over." Vandana yelled as Raasya went to her room. She chose a plain white chickenkari kurta, pairing it with black salwar, a pair of polki jhumkas and let her hair loose. She heard the doorbell ring and gave herself a final look in the mirror before descending down. She saw everyone already seated, but Adhyant couldn't be seen anywhere. 

"Raasya," Deepa called out, "Here are your sarees."

"Thank you so much Deepa Aunty. You literally saved me at the last moment."

"No problem beta."

"Raasya,by the time food gets ready, please make tea for us." Vandana said. 

"Sure." Raasya went to the kitchen and while her mind still wondered about Adhyant, she placed the water and milk mixture on the stove. As she waited for the mixture to boil, she heard footsteps approaching behind her, "Hey!" she heard a familiar voice and turned around to fing Adhyant standing with two carrybags in his hands "I came bearing dessert."

Raasya took the bags from him and sniffed in, "Gulab jamun!"

"Its the safest option. Everyone likes it." He settled on the kitchen slab next to the stove inhaling the delicious smell of brewing tea, "I really missed this intoxicating aroma of tea leaves blinding with all the spices. Its mesmerizing. Can I have it in a big mug, please?"

"Sure." She opened the cabinet above her which displayed cups and mugs of all sizes, "Take your pick."

Adhyant picked up the pink mug with Barbie printed on it, "You still have it!"

Raasya smiled looking at the mug, "I do. The most child like present I got on my eighteenth birthday."

"Well, I thought Barbie was practically immortal for girls, irrespective of their age. So, I got this for you."

"It was cute."

"I'll have my tea in this."

Raasya looked at him with questioning eyes, "Are you sure? Even Rayna won't have this."

"I gave it to you. I too own some rights to it." 

Raasya smiled and poured his tea in it, "As you wish!"