Kingdom of Arcadia

Holy shit this took so long. Anyways, y'all tell me if there are any problems with the alternate history or the story and I'll find some solutions or rewrite it. Criticism is accepted👍

Short ass history information:

In the year 150 AD, the Romans stumbled upon a remarkable find: an untouched continent in the Atlantic Ocean, spanning roughly 8 million km². This land, named "Arcadia," was a breathtaking paradise with vast plains, dense forests, towering mountains, and stunning lakes, all abundant in natural resources. Captivated by its beauty and wealth, the Romans colonized the entire landmass, making it the breadbasket of Rome and attracting many settlers.

The fall of Western Rome in 476 AD led to an influx of refugees, mainly Roman-Greeks, causing Arcadia's population to soar. By 489 AD, the Roman colony had transformed into the Kingdom of Arcadia, ruled by the House of Augustine, which proudly preserved Roman and Greek cultures.

The capital was moved to the first city built in Arcadia, Nova Roma or New Rome. The Kingdom adopted a militaristic, semi-authoritarian society, with a Semi-Constitutional Monarchy and the King as the head of state. The first King, Avitulus Augustine I, witnessed Rome's fall in 476, and his leadership was crucial in shaping Arcadia's future.

Arcadia isolated itself from Europe, focusing on internal development. However, floods of refugees from Italia and Eastern Rome continued to arrive, pushing the population past 45 million. This large population became a vital workforce for the Kingdom.

Over time, Arcadia's population continued to grow, and its fertile lands allowed the Kingdom to thrive. The abundant natural resources and innovative spirit of the people led to the invention of the first steam machine in 596, revolutionizing farming and transportation.

As technology advanced, the question of slavery arose. With better tools and sympathetic citizens, many questioned the need for slavery. However, in the western region, aristocrats and nobles resisted change, clinging to their "Roman Ways." This divide led to the Great Arcadian Civil War in 621 between the Anti-Slavery and Pro-Slavery factions.

The civil war was long and brutal, lasting until 685, with an estimated 9 to 17 million deaths. Eventually, slavery was abolished, all nobles and aristocrats executed for treason against the crown, and all slaves were freed and granted citizenship by King Ethanus Augustine II. Despite the devastation, Arcadia rebuilt and reunified, avoiding the fate of Rome, and made them stronger than ever.

By the year 800, 115 years after the Great Arcadian Civil War, the news of Charlemagne's coronation as the Roman Emperor sparked outrage in Arcadia. The Arcadians still saw themselves as true heirs of Rome, not subject to the rule of a Germanic king like Charlemagne. This sentiment led to a war between the two nations.

Charlemagne was taken by surprise by the declaration of war. Arcadia boasted a massive navy, larger and more advanced than their Roman predecessors. The Royal Arcadian Navy easily crushed the Frankish navy. However, on land, the Arcadians were outmatched and forced to retreat. The Franks may have been weaker at sea, but on land, Arcadia faced superior forces.

The war eventually ended in a white peace, prompting Arcadia to focus on improving its land capabilities. The requirement to join the Arcadian military was lowered from 20 to 7, mirroring ancient Spartan practices. Training became more rigorous and brutal, although fatalities were minimized. Arcadia also began spying on other nations to learn their tactics and weapons, enhancing its own strategies and countermeasures.

Arcadia eventually discovered the secrets of its Roman counterpart, the Eastern Roman Empire, particularly Greek Fire. They improved upon it, creating "Arcadian Fire," a deadlier version. This new weapon was used to develop the first handheld flamethrower, capable of causing chaos in enemy ranks with a single Arcadian soldier carrying it. The navy also saw upgrades, with Arcadian Fire fixtures on the front and rear of their ships.