Chapter 5: New World Problems

I'm back in the US, and finally could finish this part before going dark again. Anyways, enjoy!

=====================================================

February 6, 2025

Throughout the week of negotiations, Crown Prince Gabriel II and his delegation engaged in various discussions and activities with King Iril, Princess Pella, and other officials of Calysto. The Arcadians were careful not to reveal their true origins, instead offering a fabricated history that painted Arcadia as a kingdom from a distant land.

On the second day, discussions centered around cultural exchanges and the sharing of knowledge. The Arcadians, while eager to foster friendly relations, politely declined to share detailed information about their technology and history. Instead, they offered brief descriptions of their advancements, highlighting their expertise in agriculture, architecture, and craftsmanship.

As the week progressed, the delegation participated in tours of Calysto's landmarks and cultural sites, showcasing Arcadia's appreciation for art and history. They also engaged in friendly competitions and demonstrations, showcasing Arcadian skills in music, dance, and sports.

The third day saw discussions about trade agreements and economic cooperation. Arcadia offered to trade their agricultural products, textiles, and craftsmanship in exchange for Calysto's resources and goods. Both parties negotiated favorable terms, laying the groundwork for future trade relations.

On the fourth day, the focus shifted to military cooperation and defense. Arcadia expressed interest in sharing military tactics and training programs, but stopped short of revealing their most advanced technologies. Calysto, in turn, offered insights into their magical practices, sparking intriguing discussions and exchanges of ideas.

As the week neared its end, the delegation participated in a grand banquet hosted by King Iril. The banquet featured a blend of Arcadian and Calystonian cuisine, music, and dance, showcasing the rich cultural exchange between the two kingdoms.

On the final day of their visit, the Arcadians reaffirmed their commitment to trade and friendship with Calysto. They exchanged gifts as a symbol of goodwill, with the Crown Prince presenting King Iril with a specially crafted sword and Princess Pella with a beautiful piece of jewelry.

As they prepared to depart, both parties expressed hope for future collaborations and exchanges, laying the foundation for a strong and lasting relationship between Arcadia and Calysto. However, Arcadia's departure was not without its own agenda, as they discreetly sought to learn more about Calysto's magical practices, seeking to expand their own knowledge and capabilities in this area.

By February 10, Arcadia launched a series of satellites into space to enhance their monitoring and research capabilities of the world. Additionally, they deployed small robots, including the FleabotX2—a tiny robot flea designed for information gathering and reconnaissance, capable of predicting enemy movements and more. They also deployed the JaegerHawkX67, a bird-like avian robot with the size of a Philippine Eagle, the intelligence of a Crow, the power of a Harpy, and the loyalty of a dog, to various locations around Calysto.