9.Chapter

He hadn't come back. He had left school right after the incident. Lorenzo didn't show up to any of his classes, nor did I see him at lunch time. Only his friends were there. Lou had asked me multiple times if I was fine and if I knew where Dylan was.
I didn't know. I had texted him and had asked him if he was fine. He still hadn't replied. I was laying on my bed. My mind couldn't rest. I kept thinking back to the day. The way Lorenzo interrupted our date, our conversation at the beach. But there was also Dylan. He looked disappointed and it ate me up. I felt guilty. Yet, I didn't even know what I was feeling. Lorenzo and I seemed to get along well, but was it real? Dylan and I got along great, too. But was he really the guy I wanted?
I looked at the necklace dangling down from my hand:
"A + L" I whispered.
"Cute." I chuckled as I thought about the time I received the necklace.

I heard a knock on my door and my mom entered. She observed me.
"Do you still think about him?" She questioned as her eyes were fixed on my necklace. I sat down at the border of my bed.
"Do you still speak with his mother?"
She smiled at me.
"Barely. They are happily living in Italy."
"Are they involved with the mafia?"
My mother looked shocked for a short moment before she went back to her smiling expression.
"Where did you get that idea from honey?" She chuckled.
It seemed fake. It sounded and looked different than usually. Yet, I pretended not to notice.
"Just a dumb thought." I said while smiling at her.
"Let's eat dinner."

It was the next week. Neither of them had shown up for classes the entire time and now it was back to Monday. I sighed as I took a quick look at my phone. Dylan still hadn't answered my message. Maybe he wanted distance. It made me somewhat sad. I at least wanted to talk to him after the incident. I looked into the mirror. Something was telling me they'd both show up today and I wanted to look extra good. My curls were shiny and I wore a dark red autumn dress which perfectly hugged my curves.
The door rang and I ran down the stairs. Rose and Lou decided to pick me up today.
"Morning." I said as I settled down in the car.
"You look sexy today." Rose commented and gave me a wink.
"Thanks."
"Is it another date with Dylan?" Lou questioned as she looked me up and down.
"No, I simply wanted to go with this look today." I said and returned my attention towards the street.

As Rose drove into the parking lot, I noticed Lorenzo's car. So he was finally back. I gulped. Rose gave me a quick glance, sensing my nervosity, but luckily didn't comment on it.

I walked into the classroom and there he was. Dylan was sitting in the first row. He was focused on a book. I bit my lip unsure of my next action. I took slow steps towards my usual seat, yet Dylan didn't seem to notice. Without saying anything, I sat down right next to him. Nothing. Only silence. Dylan hadn't even lifted his head to look at what was going on. It felt like eternity. I couldn't bear this feeling. I felt ignored by a person that started being important to me.
"Hey." I whispered. Yet again, there was nothing. Only silence surrounded us both. I furrowed my brows.
"What are you reading?" I questioned.
Only now, he looked up from the page he stared at for the past few minutes. I smiled at him trying to signal that I wanted us to be fine again.
But instead of answering me, he kept his head down and returned his attention to the same page yet again.
I kept looking at him for a few minutes. I couldn't believe he was ignoring me this strictly. After all, I wasn't obligated to tell him.
"Good morning class." The teacher began. Only now, I remembered Lorenzo was supposed to be in the same lesson.
Therefore, I looked behind me towards the last row. I furrowed my eyebrows. His seat was empty even though I clearly spotted his car in the parking lot. Odd.

As the class ended, I quickly packed my things and looked towards Dylan. Instead of him, I was only faced with an empty chair. He had already left. I sighed. I should just let it go.
I stood up and walked towards my locker to get my maths book for the following lesson.
As I got closer, I noticed Rose already standing by hers.
"How did it go?" She questioned as she noticed me.
"What?" I was confused what she was talking about.
"The conversation with whoever you dressed for." I chuckled. She was always so nosy. No wonder she knew about everybody's business.
"He's ignoring me." There was no point in lying anyway.
"He's a dick if he's ignoring a beautiful girl like you. You shouldn't mind him."
I chuckled. Rose always had her own way of making someone feel better.
"Thanks. But I really want to clear up a misunderstanding." I stated.
We both left each other and walked towards our classes. Since we talked a little bit too long, the hallway was barely filled with students. I looked at the watch. There was only one minute left.