Chapter 14: A Slytherin, Green Tie

Octavia didn't remember falling asleep. Waking up was a little different though, it was like a sudden pain and stab of nausea roused her. Her eyes were sealed shut until she rubbed at them. The music had stopped at some point. The air smelt almost stale. Faint grumblings and grunts made up a small conversation.

She forced herself off the floor to survey the room. Theo and Daphne laid in the far-left corner tangled together, Pansy was atop a tower of pillows hair a mess, Blaise, Enzo and Draco sat at the dining table looking as hungover as Octavia felt. Mattheo was no where to be seen.

Octavia brushed her tangled hair into a bun, deciding to deal with it later. She made herself slump down beside Blaise, giving a soft smile in greeting. They nodded and tried to smile but they seemed worse for wear. Blaise looked positively dishevelled; it was funny to see him like that.

'How much did you guys have last night?' Octavia laughed, leaning on the sticky table, dirty glasses and cards strewn about. Draco stuck his finger up at her, head resting on the table.

'Too much,' Enzo groaned, head in his hands. Blaise nodded in agreement but grabbed his head in pain. He proceeded to not move for a while. Octavia found it all too amusing.

'I don't know why I assumed you "well-bred gentlemen" could hold your liquor,' Octavia drawled a hint of a smile on her face. Enzo scoffed, he got up suddenly eyes wide, hand slapped over his mouth. He stumbled towards a door; Octavia hadn't seen the night before. Telltale sounds of Enzo regurgitating his dinner sounded from behind the small door. Octavia cringed. Something about other people vomiting made her feel nauseous. She shook her head and got to her feet quickly.

'I'll see you guys later,' she blurted out before exiting. She took a deep breath forcing herself to calm her stomach along with her heartbeat. She shook out her hands as she made her way to the Great Hall for breakfast. She needed something to settle her stomach, maybe a croissant?

The corridors were quiet. It had to have been at least 8am, the sun was peeking over the high hills. Birds whistles and Hippogriffs swooped over the grounds in graceful dives. It was peaceful.

'Hey Octavia!' a voice caused her to jump, Evan. He had a big grin on his face, sun bleached hair flopping along as he ran to catch up with her. His steps echoing. Evan wore his weekend robes, they looked expensive. He held two huge volumes both dark and leather bound. A dark smell wafted with him, something that curled her gut. She pushed it aside, reminding herself of how much she'd drank the night before.

'Hi Evan,' Octavia smiled kindly at the boy, she kept walking and he followed beside her. She felt self-conscious, she was sure she looked a mess. Brushing the hair that had fell from the rushed bun and drying her hands on her askew skirt.

'What are you up to this weekend?' Evan asked. His eyes were so big and clear. She pulled her gaze away and dawdled down the corridor.

'Probably studying,' Octavia shrugged. She hadn't planned anything past the party. She had Alchemy, Charms and Transfiguration homework, it was really the only option. It would be nice to have a nap though.

'Me too,' Evan chirped. He stopped a few paces from the Great Hall, forcing her to pause as well. 'Did you maybe want to study together? By the Lake?' his eyebrows were raised and his teeth worried at his lip. Octavia noticed his cheeks tinging pink.

'Sure,' she shrugged. 'I've gotta get some breakfast and have a shower, but after that?' Octavia smiled with a tilt of her head. Evan beamed, juggling his books to check his watch.

'Yeah, let's say 10?' he asked. Octavia nodded. Evan brushed at his hair casually but he still seemed nervous, it was cute. The sound of her name being called drew her gaze away from him with a frown.