𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

Dovepaw heard the voice of Badgertooth and felt him prod her in the side

Dovepaw heard the voice of Badgertooth and felt him prod her in the side. As she emerged from sleep, she felt heavy and tired. Her dreams had kept her up all night, pondering them and trying to figure out what Tawnyflight meant.

     Against her will, Dovepaw opened her eyes and saw Badgertooth gazing down at her, his midnight blue eyes sparkling with amusement.

     "Ah! I thought you wouldn't wake up. I was worried for a moment. We are going herb hunting today, but first I would like to have a meeting with Lynxstar. I figured you would like to sit and watch," he explained.

     Dovepaw couldn't help but glance over his shoulder at Frozenfang. Her flanks rose and fell as she slept. You'll get what you deserve soon, I promise. I'll make sure that Lynxstar agrees and makes you a FrostClan warrior. "Okay. I'll come with you." She sat up and smoothed her sleep-ruffled fur.

     When she was finished she followed Badgertooth from the den and towards Lynxstar's den behind the waterfall. The FrostClan leader was grooming her fur thoroughly when she looked up. "Good morning. Take a seat. What do you need?"

     Badgertooth dipped his head. "Good morning to you, too. I believe that Frozenfang is able to do warrior duties now. But she needs your support first. Otherwise I'm not sure what she can do."

     Lynxstar's tail waved behind her as she thought. "I bet Frozenfang is a great warrior, yes, but the other cats don't trust her."

     "They trusted Tawnyflight," Dovepaw pointed out. "Why can't they trust Frozenfang? Tawnyflight was Frozenfang's best friend. Tawnyflight told me herself. Please make her a FrostClan warrior! It's what she wants dearly."

     "They trusted Tawnyflight after many moons. It took a lot of effort for her and me. My cats never trusted her until a few moons ago, before the journey."

     "Are you saying you're just going to give up? Give up when this is what Frozenfang has wanted, and when there's nowhere else for her to go?" Dovepaw stared at her mother with shock. She never expected Badgertooth to reject Frozenfang, but Lynxstar too? This is a catastrophe.

     "I have no problem with her staying here. I trust her. But I just fear the Clan's safety with a former MoonClan member in the camp. It's not safe."

     "Then you don't trust her."

     Badgertooth flicked his tail over Dovepaw's muzzle. "That's quite enough."

     Lynxstar was deep in thought. "Okay. I'll tell the Clan."

     Dovepaw hopped to her paws. "Oh, thank you, Lynxstar! You'll never regret it!"

     A purr rumbled in Lynxstar's throat. "I don't think I will."

     Badgertooth and Dovepaw departed from the den towards their own. Dovepaw was the first to enter the den and nudge Frozenfang awake. "Guess what?"