𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

Dovepaw followed Badgertooth along the path back to the camp

Dovepaw followed Badgertooth along the path back to the camp. She didn't talk to him much unless she needed to, because she knew that something was wrong. Something wasn't right. There was no way in StarClan that Moonclaw was just normal.

     As they approached the medicine den, Dovepaw paused when Mousepaw passed her field of vision. Maybe she can help. Surely she won't be as mouse-brained as Badgertooth. "Can I go talk to Mousepaw?"

     Badgertooth stopped in his tracks and turned around. "Sure. You did well today, Dovepaw. You deserve it."

     Dovepaw purred and walked away towards Mousepaw. Mousepaw was meowing quietly to Skypaw. There's something going on between those two. They've been spending a lot of time together. She limped towards them. "Do you have a moment, Mousepaw? I need to talk to you about something."

     Mousepaw glanced at Skypaw. ". . . Sure, Dovepaw. I'd love to. I'll talk to you later, Skypaw, I promise on my life!"

     Skypaw purred, his green eyes glowing. "Okay. I'll be waiting." He turned and padded towards his littermates, Spottedpaw and Cloudpaw.

     Dovepaw led Mousepaw outside of the camp where no cat could eavesdrop on their conversation. She sat down and Mousepaw sat close beside her. She looked very confused. "So, what is it, Dovepaw? You seem to be in a hurry," Mousepaw meowed, concern tainting her voice.

     "I am. Remember when Streamstar announced that Moonclaw was the new medicine cat of RiverClan?" Dovepaw began. When Mousepaw nodded she continued, "There's something not quite right about Moonclaw. You know what I mean?"

     Mousepaw tilted her head to one side to convey that she was puzzled. "I haven't met her, and I haven't gotten a close look at her. Can you explain this to me?"

     "Sure. So Moonclaw is very unnatural. I can't explain it very well . . . but she gives me that weird feeling inside, like she isn't real or something, and her voice is also peculiar. Her voice is gentle and smooth, but not like a normal she-cat's voice would be. It's odd. And her eyes are a bright green, almost like Sparrowfeather or Snowtail, but in a very extraordinary way. You need to meet her to get more details," Dovepaw explained. She let out a breath of exhaustion, from the intensity and the amount of talking.

     Mousepaw looked very focused. Her eyes were narrowed and her ears were pricked as she listened. "That's very strange. Yes, I will have to meet her, but even without laying an eye on her, I can tell that her presence is very irregular."

     "Very. And Badgertooth doesn't seem to agree with me, even though he claims he had a little conversation with her. I'm starting to think that she's still working for MoonClan, even though the stories affirm that she decided to lead the life of a normal cat," Dovepaw meowed. "I need to know more, but I don't know how . . ."

     "Maybe you could talk to the other medicine cats?" Mousepaw suggested. "Maybe Mapleleaf is gathering herbs now, and you can find her at the scent markers."