𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Dovepaw was working on organizing her nest in the medicine den

Dovepaw was working on organizing her nest in the medicine den. Cloudpaw had brought in some moss and even some feathers to make it extra comfy. It was almost midday, and it was the day that she would meet Mapleleaf at the ThunderClan border to spread the message about Moonclaw.

     She finished up the nest by putting the feathers in the perfect spots and finishing it off by flattening the bottom so that there were no uncomfortable spots. There. How kind of Cloudpaw to give me those feathers. I wonder how hard he worked to get them. Dovepaw had seen how Cloudpaw looked at her when she passed him. I don't think I was exactly meant to be a medicine cat, she thought with a purr. All the toms are after me.

     Taking a quick glance over her shoulder, Dovepaw slipped out of the den and began to limp towards the camp entrance. She avoided eye contact with her Clanmates before she left the camp and headed towards the ThunderClan border. She caught a glimpse of Mapleleaf's dark red fur in the trees before she approached.

     "You're not very good at hiding," Dovepaw informed her as she trotted up to the trees.

     Mapleleaf fully emerged into the sunlight. "I wasn't trying. It's not like I'll get in trouble for being seen by FrostClan warriors, you know."

     "I know. How long have you been waiting?" Dovepaw asked.

     "Not a long time. I got here about the same time as you," Mapleleaf meowed. "How would you like to go on our mission now?"

     Dovepaw nodded. "Okay. How would you want to do it?"

     "Let's see, there are two Clans that we need to visit, and there's two of us. I can go to ShadowClan, and you can go to WindClan," Mapleleaf explained importantly. "Think you can do that?"

     Dovepaw nodded. "Okay. I'll see you later, then." She cast one last glance at Mapleleaf before heading towards the direction of the mountains.

***

     Dovepaw stood at the edge of WindClan territory looking out for a passing patrol. The air was moist, and the ground beneath her pads was uncomfortably mushy and wet. It was sort of humid in FrostClan territory, but not this uncomfortable. The long grass waved in the cool wind. It almost concealed any passerby from view, much less a whole patrol. How can these cats live here? It's such an odd way of living. Soon she spotted a passing patrol, coming straight for the border. She stood up and looked straight at the patrol.

     One of the cats on the patrol, the leader, she guessed, trotted up to her with a suspicious look on his face. "What are you doing at the border of our territory? And aren't you from that—I don't even want to call it a Clan."

     The tomcat standing beside the red tom shot him a worried glance. "Juniperstorm, I believe this is their medicine cat." He glanced at Dovepaw helpfully.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍 || 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 🎉