Arc 1, Chapter 5 - The Wobbly Pig

???: "Right, how did you manage that!?"

Paddy: "Sure bricklaying is simple, just put it down with the cement, the usual carry on like.

???: "I didn't think an old man like you'd pull it off! I was thinking on how to locate you once you ran off, if the truth is to be told. Fair play, yes, fair play indeed. The Wobbly Pig is back in business!"

Paddy: "Look at the hair on you! You must be years ahead of me, old fella! Wobbly Pig must be referring to yourself, I take it?"

The white haired individual did not take it lightly to this remark, and grabbed him by the scruff of his collar.

???: "It's the name of the pub! And who do you think you're calling old!? I got it from the old man! Unlike your withering hair, mine is perfectly fine."

Paddy: "Whatever you say, lad..."

He lay the pickaxe off his belt, and put his two hands behind his head.

???: "Right, well, carry on home then, old man. Next time you come down for a drink, don't be blasting a hole through my establishment!!!"

The hole set as a reminder for what Paddy had been doing all day. As he was left alone to rebuild the wall, he first ate a selection of meat that had been hidden behind the counter. After he had been fed, he got to work, and did the job as he was told.

Paddy: "So, what's the pay? Don't expect me to hand out work for free, right!?"

He was met with a look of confusion from the man standing in front of him.

???: "You... you want pay? YOU WANT PAY!? THESE WERE YOUR DAMAGES!!!"

Paddy: "Sure what damages are you talking about, I see nothing wrong with the place! Hahaha!"

If you put coal in his mouth, they could have been turned into diamonds at the force he was grinding his teeth at the old man.

???: "Your payment, is the fact that you get to live!!! Is that not clear?"

Paddy: "Not much of a payment, though!?"

...

???: "Alright, look. We've gotten off on the wrong foot. Just call me Rimjaw. Can you remember your name?"

Paddy: "What sort of name is that? Are you sure you're not making that up?"

Rimjaw: "Like you could do any better, and that being?"

Paddy: "Paddy. Patrick Doherty."

Rimjaw: "I've never heard the likes in all me life!! Here, just get on home, your prisoner ball and all. I'm about to open up soon."

Paddy: "Well I don't exactly have a house here, so I'm a bit fucked for that."

Rimjaw: "You old people are some work, you know that. If you were any younger...  fuck it, old man! Come here. I don't want to be leaving you out at night, and definitely NOT in the bar."

Paddy: "Here, will you give me a second-"

He was abruptly forced through the bar, holding the lamp in his right hand as the cord still maintained itself around his leg, towards the front of a sturdy looking door. It was built entirely out of some metal alloy, and could most likely resist the onslaught of many drunkards. The notches, locsted all around the door, suggested some had also put this up to the test.

Rimjaw: "If you don't got the key, you ain't getting in. Simple as."

Entering the small corridor, he was carolled through the door on the right, into what looked liked to be a nice living space. It was as small as an apartment, but better than the freezing winds outside, so he had no complaints. The wooden floor had a nice look to it, but what confused Paddy was the pinks walls surrounding him.