Extra information

Extra information

This section will explain different words and their background, history, and use in this world, and a few examples of their real-world counterparts. 

Civil God
First found in “Work of the Gods”. 
A civil god is a part of three subcategories of gods. Apart from these subcategories are Elemental masters/gods, Martial gods, and Civil gods. Civil gods handle the most paperwork and give out missions to other gods, mostly staying in heaven.

Example real-world example of a civil god is  “Caishen” or “Chen jui Gong” The bringer of wealth in south China, he was regarded as the bringer of wealth, and the people in China worshipped him, was recorded in several ancient scriptures by Buddhists and Taoists. 

He also occupies different names and titles depending on the region like Zhao Gong Ming, from the Centre/main capita, his title was Military God of Wealth, Xiao Sheng a name derived from the East, holding the title of God of collecting Treasures, Cao Bao from the west, God of collecting valuables, Yao Shao Si of the north, God of profit and Chen Jiu Gong derived from the south and his title is God of finding wealth. 
Elemental masters 

The first mention of an Elemental master 
“Contrasting days” 
(Water master/ Shi Wudu) 

There are four main elements that these gods are derived from: Wind, Water, Earth, and Fire. These world gods are Shi Qing Xuan the Wind master, Shi Wudu the water master, Ming Yi the Earth master, and Huo Qiang the fire master (unofficial/ OC). 

Real-life examples of Elemental gods, in Greek mythology.
Hera the goddess of Earth,
Zeus the god of Air,
Heides the god of Fire, and
Persephone the goddess of water.

Minor gods/ Lower court. 
First mention “Work of the Gods”

Minor gods are the working force of heaven mainly brought to heaven by someone from the Higher court. These minor gods can go from a minor god in the middle court, to a God in the higher court, if they gather enough followers and offerings. Minor can be compared to Demi gods in Greek mythology/folklore. 

One of these Demigods in Folklore are Chen Xiang or the well known Monkey King, he was the son of Huayue Sanniang the Goddess that resided in the Heavenly Palace and she fell in love with a mortal Scholar Liu Yancheng.
This Demigod has been featured in hundreds of Movies like “The Precious Lotus Lamp” from a Cantonese opera film and “New gods: Yang Jian” a 2022 Chinese animated film. 

Exiled
First mention in “Delicate balance”

The context of this is when a god is casted out of heaven they are exiled, either for betraying “values' ' that everyone upholds, like killing the common folk, or deceive heaven by colluding with the evil spirits.

These Exiled are put under a spell, or a kind of binding that prevents the exiled from fully using their full powers or spiritual powers, while granting them eternal life.

Calamities
First mention in “Delicate balance”

Calamities is a title earned by a ghost, spirit or exiled, there are four ways these could happen. 

If the Spirit has suffered immense pain, either emotionally or physically these could take centuries to happen. 

If the spirit/ghost has an immense hatred towards someone or something when they are alive causing their power to grow.

Killing a Calamity, replacing their title and showing the underworld that you are way more powerful than a Calamity, strong enough to be one.

And the least likely scenario to happen is when the exiled suffer a lot of hardships and begin to grow hatred towards the heavens. Growing powers that can Shift the delicate system and to make it official is killing a Camality with a power bind. Being respected as a strong foe.