remember me?

At night

You stirred awake from your coma, the dim light filtering through the hospital room cast soft shadows across the walls. You blinked groggily, trying to orient yourself to your surroundings.

Glancing across the room, you spotted Chaeyoung slumbering peacefully in the chair beside your bed, her form bathed in the gentle glow of the moonlight.

A small smile tugged at the corners of your lips as you watched her sleeping form, grateful for her unwavering presence by your side.

Despite the darkness of the room, her presence seemed to cast a warm, comforting light, easing the ache in your heart and filling you with a sense of peace.

Turning onto your side, you adjusted your position so that you were facing Chaeyoung fully, taking in the gentle rise and fall of her chest as she slept.

In the quiet of the room, you could hear the steady rhythm of her breathing, a soothing lullaby that calmed the storm of thoughts swirling in your mind.

Feeling a wave of exhaustion wash over you, you closed your eyes and allowed yourself to drift back into slumber, content in the knowledge that Chaeyoung was there, watching over you with unwavering devotion.

Time skip

When the first light of dawn filtered through the hospital room, Chaeyoung stirred from her slumber, blinking away the remnants of sleep.

Her gaze immediately fell upon you, lying peacefully in the hospital bed.

Relief flooded through her as she noted your steady breathing and the faint rise and fall of your chest.

But as she looked closer, she noticed something different about your sleeping position. Your body was turned towards her, facing her fully, a small smile playing on your lips.

For a moment, Chaeyoung's heart skipped a beat, a rush of emotions flooding her chest as she realized what it meant.

With a gasp, she sprang from her chair, her heart racing with a mixture of disbelief and joy.

Rushing to your side, she reached out to touch you, her hands trembling with excitement.

"Y/N!" she exclaimed, her voice filled with elation as she wrapped her arms around you in a tight embrace.

But as she hugged you, she noticed something odd about your response. Your body tensed slightly, and when she pulled back to look at you, she saw a mischievous glint in your eyes.

"Y/N?" she repeated, her voice laced with confusion as she searched your face for any sign of recognition.

You met her gaze with a playful smirk, pretending to struggle to remember her.

"Sorry, do I know you?" you teased, your lips twitching with suppressed laughter as you watched Chaeyoung's expression morph from confusion to disbelief.

Her eyes widened in shock, and she shook her head in disbelief.

"You're kidding, right?" she exclaimed, a mixture of amusement and disbelief coloring her tone as she realized you were teasing her.

You couldn't hold back your laughter any longer, and you burst into giggles, the sound filling the room with warmth and joy.

"Gotcha!" you exclaimed, reaching out to pull her into another embrace, laughter bubbling between you.

Relief washed over Chaeyoung as she realized you were just teasing her, and she laughed along with you, her heart swelling with love and gratitude.

"You're such a brat," she teased, playfully slapping your arm as she leaned in to press a kiss to your lips.