can't handle you

Time skip

As the weeks passed and Chaeyoung recovered from the traumatic loss of your baby, the once harmonious atmosphere in your home began to fray at the edges.

Tension simmered beneath the surface, erupting into heated arguments that seemed to punctuate your every interaction.

One evening, as you returned home from work, the air was thick with unspoken resentment. Daewon, sensing the tension, hovered on the periphery, her expression a mixture of confusion and concern.

Chaeyoung's accusing words cut through the silence like a knife, her voice laced with bitterness and frustration.

"You never cared about me, Y/N," she accused, her tone laced with venom. "Ever since we lost the baby, you've been distant. I bet you're cheating on me, aren't you?"

Your heart clenched at her accusations, the sting of her words like a slap to the face.

You struggled to maintain your composure, knowing that Chaeyoung's outbursts were fueled by grief and the tumult of her emotions.

"I'm not cheating on you, Chaeyoung," you replied, your voice calm but tinged with hurt. "I've been right here, by your side, through everything. Can't you see that?"

But Chaeyoung's anger only seemed to escalate, her words lashing out like a whip.

"You're never here when I need you," she spat, her eyes flashing with frustration. "You're always off doing your own thing, leaving me to deal with everything on my own."

Despite your best efforts to remain composed, the weight of Chaeyoung's accusations bore down on you like a heavy burden.

You felt powerless to ease her pain, to bridge the growing divide between you.

Daewon's presence only served to heighten the tension, her eyes wide with fear as she bore witness to the escalating conflict between her two mothers.

You wished desperately to shield her from the turmoil, to spare her the pain of witnessing your fractured relationship.

As the tension in the room reached its peak, you reached a breaking point. Without a word, you began to slip on your shoes, a silent declaration of your intent to leave, if only temporarily.

Daewon, sensing your departure, rushed to your side, her arms wrapping tightly around you as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Don't go, Y/N," she pleaded, her voice barely above a whisper. "Please don't leave us."

Your heart ached at the sight of Daewon's tears, her fear and desperation palpable in the air. Gently, you lifted her chin, meeting her gaze with a soft, reassuring smile.

"I'll be back, Daewon," you promised, your voice tender and reassuring. "I just need some time to clear my head."

Chaeyoung's voice cut through the air, her tone laced with bitterness and resentment.

"Where do you think you're going?" she demanded, her eyes flashing with anger.

You paused, meeting Chaeyoung's gaze with a mixture of sadness and resolve.

"I need some space, Chaeyoung," you replied, your voice steady but tinged with sorrow. "We can't keep going on like this."

Daewon clung to you tighter, her small frame trembling with emotion. "Please don't leave us," she whispered, her voice filled with fear.

Your heart broke at the desperation in Daewon's voice, the weight of her words settling heavily upon you.

But you knew that staying in the midst of the turmoil would only perpetuate the cycle of pain and discord.