It's A Date

8-Bit POV
"We believe in you, bro!" Rico reassured me, pushing me towards the door of the cafe. Max was waiting inside, not realising that I had already reached. And all I could think about was how cute she looked—as well as how nervous I was.

But I plucked up my courage, pushed the door open and told myself, I can do this, as I offered her a shy wave.

Rico POV
"Ok, let's see what's going on," I nudged Gus, driving him to dodge behind a bush. As we watched from afar, we saw Max quickly get up as 8-Bit offered her a shy wave. Both blushing furiously, they sat down and ordered food, glancing at each other nervously the whole time.

"They're never going to make it, are they?" Gus groaned, watching 8-Bit scratch his head in embarrassment as Max tried to start a conversation.

"Have some faith, Gus," I told him, "See that golden sunbird up there?" I waited for Gus to look up before I told him, "It's probably a sign. A sign that something wonderful will happen today—hopefully. So let's just wait for fate to do its work."

Max POV
After ordering my food, I had tried to strike up a convo with 8-Bit, but I couldn't find the right words. As I stared into his blue eyes, I found myself stammering out, "Um..."

"Yeah?" 8-Bit looked up, staring at me intently.

Shoot, I yelled mentally. Usually, it was the guy who was all clumsy and shy, but this time it was my turn. It was just that...as I stared into his eyes, I felt myself melting into nothing but just a heart. Just thinking about what it would be like to kiss him. Would I know immediately that he was my one? Or that he was just another one who would run away as fast as he can?

Meg POV
"Hey, isn't that Rico and Gus?" Surge pointed to something to our right. I turned my head in the corresponding direction, gasping when I saw the two. I pulled Surge along, sneaking up behind them and whispering, "Guys!"

Rico jumped in shock, but Gus seemed unsurprised as he asked, "Yeah?"

"You guys here to supervise their date too?" Surge asked before I could say anything.

"Exactly. But don't sneak up on me like that!" Rico scolded.

"Oops," I laughed. "But let's focus. We can't let them screw it up."