Confessions and Rejections

8-Bit POV
"Was there something you wanted to say?" I prompted, waiting for Max to pipe up. I was trying to play it cool, but it was a bit unnatural. I was just trying to hide my gushing feelings, which were spiking all over the place.

"Um..." Max murmured. "You see, 8-Bit, I have something I need to say."

Rico POV
"They're going to do it!" Meg whooped. "They're going to confess!"

"How do you know?" I asked in confusion.

"Thanks to this handy listening device I placed on Max's suit," Surge raised a contraption smugly.

If 8-Bit can do it, maybe I can too, I realised. I had been pushing 8-Bit to do this for so long. And he was finally going to do it, thanks to a nudge from fate. But maybe this was mine. Maybe it was time for me to take a leap of faith.

"Wait here for me," I told Gus, racing off to a portal. It was time to tell her.

Max POV
"Ok," I said finally. "8-Bit, we just met two days ago, but I have already realised something giant. You see, I've been searching for the one for so long. But everywhere I go, every guy treats me like a god, and always ends up too intimidated. My heart' been broken so many times, I've suffered through so many terrible days. And initially, I was scared to try it again. But...you're the kind of person I want to risk it for."

There, I had did it! If he was really the one...maybe it was a turning point for me. But if he wasn't—I would—

"Then, yes," 8-Bit's response came softly.

Rico POV
"Piper!" I gasped, racing into her shop all soaked by the powerful thunderstorm. Piper looked very surprised, asking, "What's up, Rico? I was just about to take a break!"

"Sorry," I apologised. "I just needed to tell you that you're incredibly special and amazing, and I was wondering if...you would like to go out sometime."

I did it! I rejoiced. But to my dismay, Piper placed her hands on mine and said, "Rico, I'm really sorry...but I just don't feel that way about you. And plus, I'm...not really looking for a boyfriend right now."

"Oh," I said blankly. "Ok, sorry to bother you then."

So I left the shop, having utterly embarrassed myself.

8-Bit POV
"Then, yes," I heard myself saying. Wait a second, what did I just say? I panicked.

"Yes, what?" Max whispered, taking my hand and placing it in hers.

And as I stared into her gaze, I realised Rico was right. He and Gus had given me a push, and now my instincts were pushing my fate. So I answered, "Yes, I feel the same way about it. And...I'd like to start something new with you."

So I closed my eyes, tilted my lips to hers, and let her decide what she wanted to do. And a split second later, I felt her lips press against mine, sealing our new relationship. And as the sparks flew, I knew that this was someone I would want to hold on to forever.