Chapter 4

Manuel POV

I had to stifle a grin. I didn't want it to look like I really wanted it.
Even though I really wanted to dance with her. I took a step away from the lined-up men. I didn't want to be in line with them and brushed my damp hand unobtrusively against my black jeans. A little nervous that my idea wouldn't work and that I would make a fool of myself like the other men. My strategy was this. Step forward at the right moment and take her hand.
You had to surprise this woman, otherwise she would choose someone else. With my athletic figure and in my black shirt, I didn't look bad, but some of the men in the row were far better built than me. The lights were dimmed and the bass was booming over the sound system.
The DJ played the club song "Hold me- by Lavern" and the lights flickered through the halls to match.
I glanced back at my boys, who were standing at the bar laughing and no doubt making fun of me.
My eyes followed her steps and I saw her walk past the first men. They were begging her to dance with them. She confidently ignored it, showing her strength.
Asking her wouldn't get you anywhere.
When she reached the last row of men, I stepped into her field of vision and without saying a word, I grabbed her hand and pulled her onto the dance floor, turning her round. We left the other men behind and I gave her no time to protest.

Girl, I'm going to drive you crazy.

In the meantime, the DJ had changed the music again and was playing "La Despedida - by Daddy Yankee".

I turned her a few times, but only enough for her to get into the rhythm before I pulled her firmly against my body by the hand and gyrated my hips. My left hand controlled her hips while my right arm supported her arm and shoulder. She was out of time for a moment until she let me lead her and we found our own rhythm. While I was spinning her again, I suddenly heard her laugh happily and something changed between us. Grinning, I pulled her against my body and danced closely with her. Her warm arms around my neck and my arms around her waist, guided by the beat of the songs that were played one after the other. I didn't want to let this dance session stop and guided and turned her to each new song. My lungs were already gasping for air. Rarely had a woman left me so breathless.
Who was this woman?

My heart raced and my hands tingled as soon as they came into contact with her skin. When the next song slowed down a little, she held on to my shoulder. I looked into her incredible blue eyes and couldn't blink,  feared that it was all a dream. I smiled slightly and she looked at me urgently before leaning her head lightly against mine and we swayed slowly back and forth to the beat. I felt intoxicated. Intoxicated by the atmosphere between us, the scent of her hair and the warmth of her skin. I didn't want to let her go.

After the song ended, she suddenly let go of my hand and I was about to protest when she whispered softly: "Are you thirsty too?"
Smiling, I nodded eagerly. She didn't want to get rid of me and I could do with a little break. I watched her intently as we walked to the bar.
Was she from here?
How could she dance so well?
How did Rico and her know each other?
She had the rhythm in her blood. But she wasn't Latina.

I would have loved to ask her everything, but that would only show my insecurity and I didn't want to act like a fool, so I decided to remain stubbornly silent.
As they say, a gentleman keeps quiet and enjoys himself.
I had a lot to enjoy when I looked at her like that. She was very attractive, even though her mask hid her face from me, but I knew what she looked like underneath. I had been able to catch a glimpse when we collided.
Did she recognise me?
It was like a drug, I wanted more. Her lips were full and red and invited me to kiss them.
Whether she had her lips done or whether they were naturally so plump and full could only be tested.
While I followed her to the bar and imagined how her lips would feel on my skin, my eyes quickly scanned the bar for my boys. I couldn't use them now, they would happily ruin everything for me.