It Will Be Fun

Ali's pov:
After work, I had a nap. Unfortunately my best friend (and housemate) Anna ran in, screaming.
Anna: "ALI I GOT VIP TICKETS FOR MY FAVOURITE BAND! GET UP AND GET READY!"
Ali: "Wha- why do I have to go?"
Anna: "BECAUSE YOU'RE MY ONLY FRIEND WHO CAN DRIVE!"
Ali: "...Fair point, fair point. What time?"
Anna: "Doors open at 7 but it's a half an hour drive, but vips can get in at half 6!"
Ali: "And what time is it now?"
Anna: "5"
Ali: "........right go get your ass ready and let me get dressed, if Im in the shower, you know the rules, go watch tv if you are already ready and I'm not, don't stand outside the shower talking to me."
Anna: "Okay!"
Anna runs out the room and I get up and shut my bedroom door behind her.

I go to my drawers and put a t shirt on, a plain black one I cut the sleeves off because I got bored, a pair of jeans and a pair of trainers, with a hoodie on top, and I do my eyeliner, put in a pair of stud earrings, and sort my hair out. I also put a beanie on, underneath the hood of my hoodie, and I walk downstairs to see Anna ready in a black dress and converse, makeup, and a little backpack.....but that's not the thing that made me think "what the fuck", (although all of that made me think what the fuck)......it was her middle fingers painted red.

Ali: "Anna what the fuck is happening?"
Anna: "At least I'm not wearing crocs!"
Ali: "...........that's a really good fucking point, i can't argue with that. I really can't. But why are your middle fingers red?"
Anna: "It's because this band went to Eurovision, and they wanted to stick their middle fingers up but they couldn't do they painted them red instead"
Ali: ".....right."

God, this was gonna be terrible, a Eurovision band....The one good band out of Eurovision was Måneskin, and Go_a. Fuck Eurovision 2021 was good.

Anna: "In the car I'm gonna play the setlist, and you can hear them"
Ali: "Don't. Let it be a surprise."
Anna: "Okay!"

After explaining why you can't take water bottles into venues, telling her no she can not take a book to recommend to the band, and her talking about this really dreamy bassist she likes, I got her in the car.

After a half an hour drive, we got there, paid for parking and walked in. Apparently the band was called "Blind Channel". And my first thought was "are they all blind and have a YouTube channel" but honestly, I've learnt to not say to Anna what I think.

Anna is a preppy aesthetic Pinterest pop Taylor Swift book girl who likes flowers and picnics.

I'm a more, what the fuck is Pinterest, books are shit, bass is better, metal and rock is better than Taylor Swift, flowers are cool but depends what types, and why have a picnic when you can sit in your car eating McDonald's and listening to Linkin Park.

Anna: "Because we have the VIP, we get to have an acoustic experience, photos, merch, we get to meet the band, all that. HOLY MOLY I MIGHT GET TO MEET OLLI!"

Anna had told me all about this bassist she is simping over, apparently called Olli. Honestly, bassists are cool, coming from someone who plays bass.

Ali: "Thats cool."

Anna drags me over to the floor crowd.

Ali: "Anna, that's a bad idea, im gonna take you upstairs to the balcony bit because you're gonna get hurt"

I drag Anna upstairs to the balcony, and I get her to the front bit where she's really close to the band and they would be able to see her. And she could get some cool videos or photos.

Anna: "When it's the show, I want to have fun and not have to film so can you film for me please?"
Ali: "Fine"

I get Anna in her spot, go get drinks, her getting a martini margarita whatever the fuck that was. And I had water because I'm driving later and I'm responsible for this 5'4 soft girl who if someone was to ask her to get in a van with them, she would say yeah. Shes a bit ditsy bit delusional. But I love her. Sometimes.

After 2 bands play, both a kinda pop rock style, the band comes on. As they walk on, Anna gives me a full description of who they are and what they do. How fun.

Anna: "The big guy at the drum set, thats Tommi, he's the drummer, that guy at the Dj set, thats Aleksi, he's the Dj percussionist guy, that guy with the big hair, thats Joonas he's a guitarist, that guy with the blond hair to his shoulders, is Joel, he's a singer, that guy with the long brown hair is Niko, he's a singer, rapper, all that, and then that's Olli!"
Ali: "Cool, cool"

No matter where I try to focus, it always ends back up at that Niko guy.

It turns out that the band is a sorta nu metal, Linkin park sorta shit, that's cool, weird for Anna though.

Honestly, I kinda liked them. There was a song called "XOXO" which was sick. The drop gave me a heart attack. It was cool.

After the set, I took Anna to the merch stand, bought her a t shirt and a hoodie. She immediately put the hoodie on and gave me a hug and thanked me for bringing her. Then I took her to the VIP thing, where it was the acoustic thing, it was cool. Still. Once again. I could not stop staring at Niko. He caught my eye a few times and fucking hell. What has my life come to. 28 living with my best friend, working in a store, taking my best friend to concerts and staring at the singers. Fucking hell.

**okay, so. I got bored. I wanted to write a story about Niko but from a character who wasn't shown to be male or female so anyone can enjoy it and get delusional in their fantasies of such a man as the real violent Bob. And here you go IamLizziet