11. Unpleasant encounter

Doll and Uzi calmly strolled through the city; however, evening was approaching, and the slowly setting sun was visible. The purple-haired girl suggested to the short-haired one that they go to the market, where various markets with clothes, food, and other hipster-style items were held in the evenings. Uzi agreed, and they set off in that direction.

Uzi stood before the market. It was a mix of emo, hippie, and quirky elements of cutecore... Perfect!

U: Wow...

D: Have you never been to a market before?

U: Uh... No.

Doll widened her eyes.

D: You've been living here for almost 19 years and have never been to a market?!

U: My father never let me go to the market, and I didn't even know about them.

When Doll realized that she had raised her voice, she automatically covered her mouth gently and patted Uzi on the shoulder. Both went deeper into the market; Uzi was energetic, running from stall to stall, and Doll, of course, had to follow her. The purple-haired girl smiled, seeing that the short-haired one's mood had improved since yesterday's events.

As Uzi picked up a wavy dress and goofed around with it in front of Doll, who laughed, she suddenly heard a voice. Well, it was normal because the market was quite loud, but this voice... stood out. Uzi automatically began to look around.

D: Is something wrong?

Doll didn't get an answer to her question. Uzi put the dress back and started walking quickly around the market. Doll, confused, followed her and furrowed her brows slightly. Uzi walked like this for a while until she found... her "target" of her rapid journey. She saw the silhouette of a skinny, tall boy with light blond hair - Yes, it was him. Uzi slowly began to approach him when suddenly a shorter, short-haired blonde girl hugged him. Doll placed her hand lightly on Uzi's shoulder and asked softly if everything was okay. Uzi approached the couple closer, pushing Doll's hand aside. Only when the short-haired girl was very close to them did they notice her.

N: U-Uzi?

N quickly recognized his old "love," smiled faintly, and then, understanding the situation, his smile vanished faster than it appeared. V furrowed her brows at the sight of Uzi and then smirked wickedly. Uzi remained silent, waiting for any word from N. However, instead of the blond boy, the blonde girl spoke up.

V: Hi Uzi~ We haven't seen each other in a while~

U: Shut up, I don't want to talk to you.

V just snorted and shut up, hugging N.

Doll, seeing the situation, also approached Uzi. The blonde couple, upon seeing the tall purple-haired girl, frowned; they didn't know her.

N: Uzi, I...

V: No! - She interrupted him - I'll handle it, darling~.

V released N's arm and stood in front of him.

V: So!

As V was about to speak, Uzi slapped her across the face. Doll and N flinched at the loud slap and winced at the sight of a tear in V's eye - it was clear that it hurt her.

U: I already said I don't want to talk to you.

Uzi pushed the suffering V away and approached N.

U: Really?

The blond boy looked away. He didn't want to argue, but he knew it was all his fault. Doll stood closer to Uzi, trying to calm her down, wanting the short-haired girl to know that she wasn't alone in this.

U: You leave me because you're "not ready for a relationship," and then you go to V?

N remained silent.

U: I had the worst night of my life because of this yesterday, and now? - Uzi sneered arrogantly. - Now I'm laughing at myself for being such an idiot, crying over... that thing - she pointed at V, who was still suffering from the slap.

N: You shouldn't have ignored me.

Uzi furrowed her brows and crossed her arms, meaning "what do you mean?".

N: Do you think about how I felt when suddenly I was being ignored? Messages, calls, even attempts to meet up with you. You ignored it all because you had some... twisted fantasies.

Uzi, surprised, dropped her arms and looked at the ground. V gathered herself after being slapped and proudly approached and patted N on the head. She whispered something in his ear and leaned against his side.

N: Maybe you're the attention-seeker?

Suddenly, a loud sound. Uzi, disoriented, raised her head at the sound. Doll hit N.

"Damn..." Uzi winced slightly at the intense reddening on N's cheek; the slap was much stronger than the one Uzi gave V.

V, not even looking at us, took N somewhere. Doll looked at Uzi.

D: U-Uzi...

The purple-haired girl wiped away Uzi's tears with her fingers and smiled faintly.

U: I-I didn't mean to involve you... I'm sorry..

D: It's okay...

Doll hugged Uzi.

"What have I done"