12. Silent messages

A full month has passed since the events at the market, and there is no information about N. During this period of time, not much has changed for Uzi or Doll. The short-haired girl's father had already returned home and found out about her daughter's situation. The father thanked Doll for taking care of Uzi this month.

Uzi sat calmly at the table, slowly eating her already soaked cereal with milk. Her father looked at her calmly and sighed loudly.

K: You should eat more.

The short-haired girl looked at her dad and shrugged slightly. Due to Uzi's lack of desire to eat, she lost weight again, but she wasn't too worried about it. She was disgusted with herself and the food, so it was basically the same thing.

U: I'm not hungry, I'm going to school.

Uzi, without waiting for her father's answer, got up from the table and headed towards her room, from where she took the freshly repaired phone and put it in her skirt pocket. Without saying goodbye, she headed towards the bus stop to take it to the hell called school. Uzi's only motivation was to meet Doll, because she is the only one she spends time with at school and sometimes outside of it.

When the short-haired girl entered the school door, she immediately saw the long-haired Doll walking towards her.

U: Hi!

Uzi hugged Doll and smiled.

D: Hii!! I missed you.

She said in a strong Russian accent.

U: I missed you too.

Uzi let go of Doll and they immediately went to Uzi's locker. Uzi took her backpack and walked to the classroom without word.

D: Is everything okay?

Uzi looks up at the tall girl in surprise.

U: Uh.. Yeah. Why do you ask?

D: You seem unusually quiet today.

U: Everything is okay, don't worry Doll. I'm fine.

Doll nodded and followed Uzi without a word.

When they get to the classroom, Uzi sighs loudly and goes inside. Uzi and Doll sat down next to each other and take out the things they need.

U: Uh.. Doll?

D: Hm?

U: Do you want to come to my place after school?

Doll thinks for a moment.

D: Sure, why not ^^

Uzi smiled slightly.

U: You will help me dye my hair~

Doll giggled.

When the bell rang and the teacher finally came, they both tried to concentrate, but in vain. Doll thought about coming to Uzi's house. But Uzi was thinking about something else... or someone else.

SKIP TIME

When Uzi came home, she said an ignorant "I'm back," not caring if her dad heard it. She threw herself on the bed and started to think. Recently, the short-haired girl noticed that she was probably hanging out with Doll too often. Ever since Uzi discovered that Doll was a lesbian, she started being more careful about what she is saying or doing. When Uzi heard the doorbell, she lazily got up and approached the door, opening it. Doll smiled cutely and walked in, lightly hugging Uzi in greeting. The short-haired girl led her to her room and sat on the bed.

Doll opened her mouth and was about to say something, but stopped when Uzi handed her hair dye. The one they bought together at the market.

U: Just the tips, otherwise, my father will kill me.

D: O-okay.

Uzi smiled and took off her black beanie. She headed to the bathroom with Doll. Uzi sat on the chair and sighed. Without a word, Doll started preparing the dye in a small bowl and slowly applied it to Uzi's hair tips.

U: I think I'll cut them.

D: Hm?

U: They're too long, uncomfortable.

D: Then why do you want to cut them when you're dyeing just the tips now?

U: True...

Doll chuckled, and Uzi smiled slightly. Bored, she took out her phone and started scrolling through Instagram.

D: Uh.. Uzi?

U: What?

D: Do you know what happened to... uh... N?

Upon hearing that name, Uzi tensed slightly and bit her lip. She hadn't thought about him or heard his name in a long time. In fact, it had been a month, but it still felt strange.

U: No, and I'm not too interested.

D: Then why do you still follow him on Instagram?

Wanting to argue that it wasn't true, Uzi suddenly saw a notification that read "User N posted a story." Uzi rubbed her eyes and blinked.

U: Doll, I really don't want to talk about it.

Doll nodded and continued dyeing Uzi's hair tips. But Uzi was thinking about him. She lied to Doll that she wasn't interested. She missed him a lot, despite what he had done to her. But she didn't know if N was still with V. Out of curiosity, she visited the blond's profile and started scrolling through his latest photos. V was not in any of them, which was a bit strange considering they were supposed to be together. After a while, she came across photos she had already seen and clicked on his story. In the story, he was holding a suitcase. Wait. With a suitcase? Exactly in the story photo, N was holding a suitcase. On top of it was written "Destination: Moving out."

Uzi abruptly stood up from the chair, causing it to fall. Doll, confused, held the bowl of dye.

D: Uzi, is everything okay?

U: I...

"Should I tell her?"

U: Y-yes, everything's okay... uh... are you done yet?

D: Yes... you can wash it off now.

Uzi nodded and leaned over the sink. She handed Doll the showerhead, and she took it and started rinsing the purple dye from Uzi's hair tips. The short-haired girl watched the purple water flowing from her hair and thought about N. Why was he moving out? What happened? Are V and N going together? Where are they moving? So many questions, so few answers.

After a while, Doll handed Uzi a towel, and she quickly dried her hair and looked in the mirror. She smiled artificially at the sight of her hair tips and quickly thanked Doll.

U: You should go now.

She said stiffly and escorted her to the door.

D: Well then... bye!

U: Bye.

Uzi quickly returned to her room and automatically grabbed her phone. She clicked on N's profile and entered the messages. She didn't know if it was a good idea, but curiosity was eating her up. She typed a message saying, "Is everything okay?" She didn't want to sound nosy, so a simple question. She lay on the bed and covered her face with a pillow. After a while, she took out her phone again and typed another message, "Sorry about Doll, she got nervous." And another, and another. Individual messages turned into complex sentences. An hour passed, and the number of messages sent to N by Uzi amounted to 145. 145 messages. He didn't read any of them. Quiet messages, stupid, silent messages that she immediately regretted. She typed another message, this time to Doll - "I did something stupid." Usually, Doll reads them right away, but this time was different. 5 minutes passed. 10. 15. An hour passed. Neither Doll nor N read them. More silent messages were sent.

Uzi hit her forehead and put down her phone. Her thoughts revolved around N. She was afraid, not about coming off as a stalker, but about him. She was afraid that after he moved out, she wouldn't have the chance to talk to him. She missed him a lot. She didn't love him anymore, but she wanted to hug him one last time and hear some compliment from him. She turned to the other side and looked at the Teto plushie, which N hugged during the night at her place. She reached for it and hugged the plushie.

"N, don't leave me..."