Chapter 8: Double Double Toil and Trouble Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble

They were off on their journey.

They had been walking for a while and Puck decided to begin a conversation.

"So West, anything new happen lately, you know, other than all the bullshit?" Puck asked.

"Well, I have been asked to create a book series for my dad's writing agent. Within two weeks he wants to know how many books I will have in the series, what the names of the books will be, how long they will be, and the story lines of each of them. It's a great opportunity, plus I love writing." West replied casually.

"You should write a book about me. I've got an awesome story. Also you could set the story straight from what REALLY happened in a Midsummer's Night Dream." Puck suggested.

"It would be a better story if he wrote a book about a rock." Brendanus snorted and Puck rolled his eyes at his brother. West decided to take the opportunity to push Brendanus.

"Hey by the way Brendanus, what's the deal with you and my niece?" West asked.

"Well, she's a hell of a girl, and I love her, and she's just incredible." Brendanus replied as if he were in a daze.

"Alright. I guess that's a good answer." West laughed.

The sun went down very early that night and they found themselves deep into the bog as the fog became thick and they could barely see their way. They were on a boat using a stick to steer slowly. Then through the fog there was a huge rock in the middle that had an opening that led to a lower place.

"That's it." West sighed.

"Oh great, let's just go into the dark hole of unsure possibilities." Puck said as he tied the boat to the platform and created a spell that made sure that it could only be touched by Puck, Brendanus, and West.

"Ok, here we go." Brendanus sighed and they cautiously walked down the rock stairway that spiraled and slowly became brighter. Their swords were at the ready as there was an opening and they saw a hag kneeling down in front of a cauldron.

"This is like some serious Double Double Toil and Trouble crap. We should genuinely consider turning back before we end up like Macbeth." Puck whispered.

"You come for the enchantment of the blade your highness." The hag said in a high scratchy voice. West couldn't believe she could hear them.

"Yes I have." West sighed as he walked closer and the two others stayed where they were. "We need your help. I can reward you if," West was interrupted.

"I have no desire of anything you have. In return for my services, there is something else I want." The witch said and Puck decided to make a joke.

"Oh my God she's like the octopus lady in The Little Mermaid. She's going to sell his soul to the devil." Puck whispered and West looked to him in horror.

"What version of the little mermaid did you see?" West asked. Puck just stared at the witch in slight fear. While Puck was incredibly brave, he didn't willingly put himself to situations that would cause his death or worse unless he absolutely had to.

"Come on man, your braver than this. I've seen you kill a man." Brendanus whispered.

"I AM, but I also don't mess around with black magic even when I am feeling particularly reckless." Puck replied.

"Then why are you acting like a little girl in the dark?" Brendanus joked and West reverted the conversation back to the task at hand.

"What do you want?" West was scared of the answer.

"Make sure that Far Doracha suffers. He did this to me, and I need him to suffer." The witch requested and West was surprised but that was the plan so he decided to agree to it.

"You have my word." West agreed and the hag held her hand out.

"Give me the dagger." The witch demanded and West pulled the dagger out of his bag and handed it to her. She grabbed it and started to walk over to the walls and grabbed potions. They all stood there waiting as she also grabbed a small Cauldron and placed it over a smaller fire in the corner. She had about twelve different potions and she poured every single one of them in the pot at once. Immediately there was a green glow. She then spoke.

" Acita moravero spiteral yen Vy swed Kay to maysa corevio mortalic dissopensay Ty slivre vormever!" The witch shouted in a tongue that was illegible and that's when she threw the blade in and the glow shot across the room and then it dissolved, and everyone stared as they waited. She pulled the dagger out and it looked like it did before. The witch held her hand out but still never once made eye contact.

"Thankyou." West sighed.

"This dagger is ready to kill Far Doracha, but be careful, if you cut anyone else, they will grow ill and die a painful and slow death. Head my warning and leave." The witch demanded and the three boys ran out as fast as they could as Brendanus and Puck kept tripping over each other.

They walked out and got on the little boat and untied it and started to head back down to the edge of the bog. After a few moments, they heard the witch from the distance.

"I FORGOT SOMETHING!" The witch said in the distance and the boys stopped.

"What?!" West replied.

"The knife can only work once, so you have to stab him through the heart! You only get one shot at this! Don't blow it!" The witch advised and then the boys headed off again.

It took them a good while to get through the bog but when they did they got to the land of Leana and realized that the sun was rising.

"Wait a minute, just how long were we in there?" Brendanus asked.

"I guess we were in there longer than we thought." Puck answered the question and they moved on quickly.