My Episode Review/Rant on My Little Pony: Make Your Mark-Chapter 1

Greetings and salutations, my friends.

This is your top-of-the-line film, TV show, and episode reporter here with another review.

Today, I'm gonna give you give my take on the first "Chapter" of "My Little Pony: Make Your Mark".

Here's the rundown of it:

After the three pony tribes reunited in Friendship, and the Unity Crystals were pieced back together & reignited magic...

You know what?

I'm not even gonna bother giving a complete summary of what this episode is about. I already feel my brain going dead trying to do so, and considering how hard it is to explain the plot of this special in words, I don't think it'd be worth it.

Anyway...

Most people in the MLP fandom, if not all, obviously know by now that I'm not a big fan of My Little Pony's 5th generation. My feelings towards it were primarily negative since watching "My Little Pony: A New Generation", with my review on the latter being unusually controversial to others. Even today, I still consider A New Generation to be one of my least favorite animated films, regardless of the times I rewatched some of its clips on YouTube to see if my feelings towards the movie improved in any way.

Despite how "Anti-MLP (G5)" I am, though, I was always willing to see whether the film's televised successors would improve over the movie. So, I finally watched the "Make Your Mark" series around last year using a free film & television website, although I later decided to see the show more than once in order to review it and make sure I had an opinion that's solid, clear, and reasonable.

As you can see, I also decided to analyze the show by episode. It just seemed like the right course to take since the series was organized by "Chapter", and the episode numbers varied anyway.

So, what do I think of Make Your Mark's first "Chapter" in words? Especially after seeing it two more times earlier this month?

Well, I hate to tell you guys this, but I personally found "Chapter 1" to be a relatively poor and uneventful way of further kicking off G5.

Sad to say, the main reason for why I found this special to be so lackluster is because of the overall direction and storytelling. Even despite being written and helmed by Friendship is Magic veteran Gillian M. Berrow!

A great many will probably say that the story is about Zipp trying to crack the case of the disappearing magic and the Unity Crystals fading. But, that's actually only one thing the plot involves. It's also about the main characters setting up Maretime Bay Day and making sure it's awesome, Zipp getting conflicted over whether to stay in Maretime Bay or return to Zephyr Heights for royalty training, Sunny trying to convince Posey Bloom that magic is a good thing, Posey reigniting division and conflict amongst the pony races, and Hitch taking care of a mysterious egg that he found on the beach.