Good Summer

The summer went so well for me. Father tore me a new one weekly for the twins. Especially when they would send letters. Kate saw me before we got on the train. She could tell I hadn't slept and that I looked awful. She hugged me gently as though I would break. When we got to our seats she turned to me and I knew she was wanting to know what happened.

"Kate I can't talk about it"

"Why? What happened to you?"

"Father.. found out about.. draco wouldn't shut his trap. It just got worse when they would send letters"

"That prick! He can't!"

"Yes he can Kate"

The twins walked past and stopped for a second. They looked at me and went stone faced. They walked past. Kate grabbed my hand.

"It's gonna be okay y/n.. they will understand.."

"I'm not allowed to even talk to them Kate.."

She huffed and walked out of the cart. I knew she was going to go off on them for being upset at something I couldn't control. I mean I really couldn't help it. Anytime father saw me with a quill or paper he would rip it and torture me again.

"How dare they send you letters! I thought you weren't friends with them! What happened to sending the letter saying you are not be associated with scumb?!"

"I sent it I swear father!"

Lucius walked over to Star, my gold owl, and grabbed her wing.

"This will show you to not get letters from those blood traitors."

Lucius snapped Star's wing and she chipped in pain then took off. I couldn't look up at that vile excuse of a human. He stood over me trying to scare me.

"Maybe I should test you like that stupid bird"

His wand was quick and my arm snapped. I screamed in pain. Draco ran into the room and saw the bit of bone sticking out of my flesh. My eyes full of tears. Dracos jaw clenched and he stepped out of the room. How dare he rat me out. He is such a prick just like Lucius.

I shook my head coming out of my thoughts. Kate was standing at the door the twins behind her. She shoved them into the cart and shut the door. George turned and pulled the blind downs. Fred sat on the other side and wouldn't look at me. George sat beside me and put his arm around me gently. He seemed scared to break me like Kate was.

"Why didn't you write?.."

"M-my father.."

Fred perked up hearing me start to explain my self. These boys while dumb made me feel safer than anyone in the Malfoy family. Maybe more than Kate.

"H-he hurt Star.. he broke her wing then um.. broke my arm..and that's not all.. that was after I sent that awful letter.. he made me send that by the way.."

George's grip tightened around me pulling me closer. I winced slightly my arm still sore from trying to heal.

"He hurt you more than that once?"

"Weekly.. with your letters.."

"I'm so sorry.. we shouldn't have judged quickly"

I looked to Fred waiting for him to talk. He just sat there. I couldn't read his expression. He looked hurt... really hurt. Kate opened the door quickly.

"Scram her brother is on his way"

The brothers got up and quickly left before Draco passed by. God is this my life now? Fred hates me. George feels pity for me. Then Draco is a brat as always. Kate held me why I told her everything. I cried a little but not to where she could tell. No one has seen me cry and I plan to keep it that way. Once we got to hogwarts the night blurred. Kate and I had our own room this year which was nice. No more annoying Pansy. Which also means I could send more letters to the twins since I didn't have to sneak it past her. I went to bed quickly that night since all I wanted was rest. I hope that this year is normal.