9 questions

Steve's POV:
Tuesday, May 28th
I went in the kitchen to find no one, not even a thing but a note.

Went to breakfast, we'll bring you back something. :) love, Dad.

That's not fucking love. Taking your other two kids out for breakfast and not even thinking to wake me up and see if I wanted to go.

So instead I got ready for the day trying not to let my anger linger around. When they got home I ate what I was given.

And Princess kissed me on the top of my head, "aw my little baby, Steve." She teased. Then she whispered, "Angie was gonna wake you. Mom and Dad said you'd act like a piss if you were tired."

This was when I realized I had only a short amount of time before it happened so I quickly threw away the rest of my breakfast.

"What?" She smacked her lips.

"Nothing with you Princess, you're perfect."

I marched off to my room, probably what they expect out of me anyway, huh? To act like a piece of shit.

I closed my door, making sure it didn't slam and then I cried. I got a pillow and damn near sobbed.

I'm so tired of living with people that don't want shit to do with me.

I hear my door open and close, and I snatch my pillow from my face.

"Don't tell them." I whisper.

"Tell them what? That you cry because they don't want you? Yeah, they wouldn't care." Angie shakes her head, her crisp hair not moving.

"Wow, now I'm really feeling motivated." I fake a smile.

"But maybe someone will." She rolls her eyes and comes walking over to my bed. She sits down and gives me a hug.

"I'm assuming you're someone."

"Hell no. It's... Princess, or your little boyfriend or something. Not me." Can you tell Angie doesn't like admitting the truth?

"They just want to know if you're okay sometimes... since our parents are so, overlooking of you." Her blue eyes look away.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just wish they cared a little more sometimes."

"Okay." She gets up and heads straight for the door.

"I love you." I tell her.

She looks around for a moment, like she's really considering saying it back. "Kill yourself." She whispers and closes my door.

Having a teenage sister is the most complex thing I've ever acquired.
"Yeah, okay."

Pony's POV:
Me, Soda, and Darry took the horses out for a ride. We have four, one for Momma; Soda usually rides it for her.

They all have names, guess what mines name is? Just take a wild guess? It's Ponygirl. Beautiful.

She's an all black horse with reddish-brown hair.

We're riding pretty slowly, just chatting really.

"Do you ride out with Johnny?" Darry asks.

"Not yet. You know riding's not my favorite thing, and we like our flower spot." I tell him.

"Hm." He nods.

"Me and Steve ride out all the time. I'm surprised he's not here." Soda shrugged.

I felt this sense of concerned, confusion. I'm sure he's fine. "Yeah, me too."

Steve's POV:
"Dude, I've been wanting one of these does it really look cool?" I got a Medusa piercing. I just needed something else right now.

"Yeah, man. It's-" he looked back when he heard the noise.

I felt it. Straight in my back. I tried to grab him for when I fell. I had words that weren't coming, but I know what was.

The blood.

I heard him call for help and it wasn't long before I was in the ambulance. He called my family for me.
I had to lay in a bed with a hole in it for my face. They took the bullet out my back, bandaged it and flipped me back over.
They it was just a small pistol, but it hurt like hell. And better yet. Who tried to shot me?

I watched Soda walk in. I'm glad he didn't bring that little bitch and just brought himself.

He greeted everyone else before holding my hand.

"What happened?" He frowned.

"I got shot in the back at the mall."

"By who?"

"Dunno?" I shrug.

"Steve..."